Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: vanguard only sees one camera  (Read 4926 times)

daveek

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
vanguard only sees one camera
« on: January 03, 2009, 12:11:30 AM »

i have a vanguard setup and when i try too setup a second camera it doesn't see it. it'll see it if i move the 2nd camera closer to the receiver. yes, i have set the 2nd camera on a different code. I've tried different codes. the 1st camera is set on A-1.  and it doesn't matter what setting i use for the 2nd camera. understand?
 any help?
Dave

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: vanguard only sees one camera
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 08:41:39 AM »

Cameras must be set in groups of 4 for the switching to work correctly! You don't state which address the second cam is it should be A2(of coarse if you have motion sensors in the mix it may require some other approach)
You don't state if the first cam is turning off ???
This may also be a disstance issue as you don't state the distance the cam is from the receiver! ???
You also don't state which PC interface your using (I Presume it is the CM19A)  ???
Don't be afraid of suppling to much info it will help us to nail down you problem and supply a fix quicker!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

daveek

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 09:11:00 AM »

thanks for replying Tuicemen,
I'll do my best. right now the 2ND camera is on A-4, although it doesn't matter what address it's on. i have the 1st camera ( A-1 ) on 1 motion sensors. the 1st camera is about 35 ft. away from receiver.  the 2nd one about 10 ft.  it See's the camera that's closest to the receiver. when i try to switch over in vanguard it just doesn't change over to the other camera.  yes, I'm using the CM19A on vista PC.  and a VR36A
When i plug in the 2ND camera, vanguard just fades away and the camera that's closest comes into view.
i could only see one camera at a time.

Yes it's a distance issue, but
 it shouldn't matter witch camera is closer, when vanguard is on camera 1, i should see camera 1,  and if vanguard is on 2 i should see camera 2 !!
i hope this helps,
Dave

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 10:00:41 AM »

OK, cams are in correct grouping so that's not the issue!
Vanguard will only see one cam at a time (that's the way it is programed)
You don't state what type of cameras wired or wireless and model numbers, though it sounds like wireless!

Do you have a transceiver plugged into an outlet (has an antenna on it)? That is needed to get the signal from the CM19A  to the powerline to switch cams power supplies on/off! Without it you will only see the cam that is closest as they are both sending signals! Sorry I should have asked that first as not all kits come with one (I think the TM751 is the most often one shipped)! :-[
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.