Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Remote Control Range Issues  (Read 26408 times)

Jim Clark

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Remote Control Range Issues
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 11:59:09 AM »

TrinityEB

Thanks for the interesting link to the antenna mode for the Ninja. I wonder how well this worked at increading the range   ???

TrinityEB

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 01:55:34 PM »

TrinityEB

Thanks for the interesting link to the antenna mode for the Ninja. I wonder how well this worked at increading the range   ???

Good question.  I found the link entitled "ninja base antenna hack" in post #18 of this forum thread:  http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?showtopic=126&st=15

I had considered doing a similar hack on our Vanguard once I saw that thread, but I had already ordered the SR731 and it worked so well that I decided to leave the Vanguard alone.  The remote now works consistantly anywhere within a radius of about 50-70 feet, where before I was getting maybe 15 feet max.

- Frank.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 01:58:49 PM by TrinityEB »

sphon721

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2008, 12:39:00 AM »

hey Frank, how does that SR731 connect? does it just connect for power?

I tried a one watt RF amp tuned to 310 but it didnt help, I may do the antenna mods on our 4 sentinels and try one of these. For that antenna is there a ground, most antennas have to conductors, with only the one brown wire what do you do for the shield in a cable or on the antenna?

Thanks
chris

TrinityEB

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 09:00:23 AM »

Yes, all I did was plug the thing in, place it near the camera, and it just worked.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 03:11:58 PM »

Thanks to Jeff Charger of cocoontech post "ninja base antenna hack" where he shared information and pictures of his Ninja Antenna modification. And thank-you too TrinityEB for bringing it to our attention.

My problem was similar to that of ChopperPilot's (here). I am attempting to control a Ninja at a long range using a CM15A. And BVC voice commands.

This was the last of several Ninja [related] mods to accomplish this. To include a couple CM15A antenna Modifications. I even modified the antenna of an X10 wireless camera I have tested the setup and I do know it works. As far as how long of range.. I don't know yet.

I soldered on the round-end from a TM7521 and glued it in a small hole I drilled into the base. I almost left too little of the red antenna wire... making it diffucult to insert the antenna's round base. The camera mounted on the Ninja is the one I modified earlier.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 12:55:37 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.