Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HardWired Motion Sensor with Enable?  (Read 5374 times)

kevinvinv

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
HardWired Motion Sensor with Enable?
« on: January 04, 2009, 02:26:31 PM »

Looking for a hardwired (non-RF) motion sensor that might respond to an X10 command for enable/disable.

I want to minimize motion sensor initiated X10 powerline traffic during the day by disabling the sensor...

any thoughts?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: HardWired Motion Sensor with Enable?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 04:37:18 PM »

I want to minimize motion sensor initiated X10 powerline traffic during the day by disabling the sensor...

Although.... the only hardwired motion sensor that I am aware of is the floodlight (PR511) motion sensor... I get the feeling that's not what you have in mind. Also... if you were using AHP in your automation setup... you could just create a macro.

So... [just a for fun guess here]... you have motion sensors turning lights on and off as you enter/exit rooms and the dogs are tripping them while your at work. So based on this setup [that I just made-up]....

you could get another transceiver (TM751) and a remote like a keychain-slimfire (KR19A) and set them to a different code than your normal (motion sensor/light) setup. The TM751 will switch on/off on the number 1 Unit code of whichever House code you set it for. Set the remote for the same House code Unit code 1.

Now plug the transceiver you've been using.... into the NEW transceiver (you can use an extention cord).

When you leave the house... push the number one button of your new keychain remote Off... and the new transceiver's relay will click off [you can hear it] which in turn will disable your other transceiver and the powerline operated lights. When you return home... click the keychain remote On... and all will return to normal.

Home Automation is an always changing technology

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 06:05:08 PM »

Or, switch off the receiving unit with an appliance controller or build a toggle switch into the receiving unit. I did the later to a chime unit that I wanted to enable only at appropriate times. I put a toggle in series with the piezo speaker.
Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

kevinvinv

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 06:09:23 PM »

My situation is that when the dogs are running around outside... they constantly are activating my exterior motion detector and it is sending all sorts of traffic onto the power line which is disrupting desired traffic generated inside the house.

I use an ALL HOUSE CODE transciever so it is hard to isolate one house code upon request.   The Motion sensor porch light might be something to start with... lets see.

bitman

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 06:12:40 PM »

Wow, that is an issue.

kevinvinv

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 06:53:32 PM »

The thought is that maybe I can use the porch light along with a Relay light switch (to de-activate the porch light and associated traffic when I am home) to get the job done.

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 07:37:09 PM »

Put it on a Ninja, rofl

Not to laugh, my situation at the business, with 2 eagle eyes and 2 MS14A sensors, I get a ton of traffic daily, in the thousands. I did consider having one MS sensor on a Ninja that I can turn away during business hours and then let it resume position at night. Maybe even do a scan, would be interesting to test, could be too sensitive. Be the idea is not that far fetched for my situation. -:)
At my home is another whole problem. So far 9 eye sensors, 10 D/W sensors and 4 MS. and with 3 boys, the traffic is unbelievable, Heart beats a nightmare. But I do still enjoy a 98%+ success, even my timers.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 07:59:38 PM by BaBaLou. »

bitman

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 07:51:05 PM »

Put it on a Ninja, rofl

Babs, that's kind of a good idea. he might be able to turn it's eyes away.

:)%

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 08:38:28 PM »

..... I did consider having one MS sensor on a Ninja that I can turn away during business hours and then let it resume position at night.

I like that!
Home Automation is an always changing technology

USdangerboy

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 11:14:20 PM »

Turn it upside down and place it at knee level, worked for me on a doorway where I wanted to solve the "dog" problem.  Not sure about any other application with distance/obstacles/glass and what not.  Might work :-)

(like my dog/sheep drawing?  MSPaint is crude, but it gets the job done sometimes :-P)
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

bitman

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 09:13:05 AM »

Dog/Sheep.

Thanks fot that, we're still laughing.
Cue the Pink Floyd!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.