Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: RF signal won't stop  (Read 6184 times)

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
RF signal won't stop
« on: January 06, 2009, 05:11:53 PM »

I have an appliance module that AHP can only turn on/off if I set up a macro to send an RF signal to turn it on/off. However in the Activity Monitor, this RF signal won't stop. How do I get the RF on/off to stop once it's been sent?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: RF signal won't stop
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 06:58:28 AM »

Appliance Modules don't turn on and off by RF directly. By chance are you using the built in switch in a TM751 or RR501 Tranceiver?

birdzeye

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 07:42:50 AM »

Appliance Modules don't turn on and off by RF directly. By chance are you using the built in switch in a TM751 or RR501 Tranceiver?

It's a 3-pin appliance module, and it turns on/off with my HR12A palmpad device.

But my question pertains to AHP software----the Macro I have to send an RF signal will not stop sending the RF signal once it's started.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 11:59:17 AM »

...............the Macro I have to send an RF signal will not stop sending the RF signal once it's started.

Brian H makes a great point.... the RF in of itself.. cannot effect an appliance module. You [therefore] must be using a transceiver or repeater in the mix? That is the likely cause of your problem.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 12:40:37 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 12:08:51 PM »

I basically had the same problem where an RF signal was continually being sent to an appliance module.  The solution -- I found one of the buttons on my HR12A palmpad was stuck and was sending the ON signal.  Birdseye --- on the off chance that this may be your problem --- check and see if one of the buttons are stuck.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 12:11:00 PM »

It's a 3-pin appliance module, and it turns on/off with my HR12A palmpad device.

But my question pertains to AHP software----the Macro I have to send an RF signal will not stop sending the RF signal once it's started.
Is your macro looping?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

birdzeye

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 10:34:54 AM »

Is your macro looping?

No it's not looping. I have one macro that sends an RF ON when the appliance module is turned ON, and one macro that sends an RF OFF when the module is turned OFF. Otherwise I can't turn the module on or off. It works, but I've noticed in the Activity Monitor that the signal just keeps going on and on....until another signal from somewhere else starts and then that will stop it.

I also have a TM751 on the same housecode, don't know if this is a problem or not, but nothing seems to work without the TM751!

HA Dave

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 11:10:43 AM »

I also have a TM751 on the same housecode, don't know if this is a problem or not, but nothing seems to work without the TM751!

It would be my guess that:
1.  ... your CM15A sends the RF ON...
2.  The TM751 also hears it... and transceives the signal to PLC.
3.  The CM15A hears the PLC and
4.  See number 1

That is a classic loop. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 11:22:45 AM by Dave_x10_L »

birdzeye

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 04:50:09 PM »

It would be my guess that:
1.  ... your CM15A sends the RF ON...
2.  The TM751 also hears it... and transceives the signal to PLC.
3.  The CM15A hears the PLC and
4.  See number 1

That is a classic loop. 

From what you have described, the TM751 is triggering a macro, which I'm finding difficult to wrap my head around.

I have a second TM751 on a different housecode that is set up the same way, except instead of an appliance module it's the TM751 itself that a macro turns on/off by RF and it does NOT keep sending the RF signal in a loop as you have described it here.

In any case, is there a way to stop the constant RF signal?

HA Dave

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 05:02:51 PM »

.......In any case, is there a way to stop the constant RF signal?

Yes. Stop using both a transceiver and the CM15A on the same House Code would be the easiest way.

I have an appliance module that AHP can only turn on/off if I set up a macro to send an RF signal to turn it on/off.

Do you have a phase issue?

birdzeye

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 08:22:27 PM »

Stop using both a transceiver and the CM15A on the same House Code would be the easiest way.

I don't have the range without the TM751----nothing works without it.

Before getting into the phase issue, how come there's no "loop" happening with the exact same setup I have but with another module? The macros for that one don't constantly repeat themselves.

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 08:29:50 PM »

You can use both. Just set the cm15 to not transceive the house code the TM751 is set to.
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

birdzeye

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 08:49:06 PM »

You can use both. Just set the cm15 to not transceive the house code the TM751 is set to.

Yes I've done that already.

But I think I've solved the problem although I really don't understand why this is working now when it wouldn't before: I deleted the 2 macros for RF ON and OFF, emptied the deleted modules trashcan, and updated timers and macros, and now my HR12A is turning the appliance module on and off just fine!!!!!!!! :)

It's almost as if either the CM15A or the wiring in my house had to "learn" how to turn on and off the new appliance module. This stuff is spooky  :o I like it!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 08:56:38 PM »

Stop using both a transceiver and the CM15A on the same House Code would be the easiest way.

I don't have the range without the TM751----nothing works without it.

Before getting into the phase issue, how come there's no "loop" happening with the exact same setup I have but with another module? The macros for that one don't constantly repeat themselves.

One explaination might be that number 3 in Dave X10 explaination above (3.  The CM15A hears the PLC and... ) is not true for the second TM751.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 10:20:40 PM »

It's almost as if either the CM15A or the wiring in my house had to "learn" how to turn on and off the new appliance module.

If you have a phase issue/problem it could be resolving itself... everytime the electric dryer, oven, A/C or electric heat comes on. Or you could actually have a working phase coupler.. and have a signal sucker... that for whatever reason... right now is off or unplugged. Just a guess.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.