Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How do I use home security dialer with phone service?  (Read 3638 times)

richb3

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
How do I use home security dialer with phone service?
« on: November 15, 2008, 08:26:01 PM »

I have a number of rental properties that I want to put your security system in to while they are vacant. I do not wish to pay the phone connect & disconnect fee if I can avoid it.

Are you familiar with a Satelite dialer and where they are sold. I thought I can use that to dial out plus there are no phone lines for crooks to cut.

any help would be appreciated

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
Re: How do I use home security dialer with phone service?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 08:56:14 PM »

When you say your system. This forum is not a good place to get ahold of X10 it is more for the people who use the x10 stuff to help each other.

I don't know much about x10 security system but it does require a phone line to call you. A Satelite dialer would use a Satelite phone of some kind and  I would think it would cost allot more then having the phone service to turn on a cheap line. but I could be wrong!!

I know places like ADT sells a wireless system for renters and I know people who use them for the same thing you are could be something to look into .
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

skywalker1689

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 02:53:10 PM »

Google "Cell Fusion Adjunct Box Gateway"
You can get it as cheap as $30.00 from frys.com last time I check.
Then get a compatible cell phone.

This solution is much cheaper than $200.00 dock-n-talk or alikes.

I have a number of rental properties that I want to put your security system in to while they are vacant. I do not wish to pay the phone connect & disconnect fee if I can avoid it.

Are you familiar with a Satelite dialer and where they are sold. I thought I can use that to dial out plus there are no phone lines for crooks to cut.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 03:43:17 PM »

What a great idea. I had thought of getting a phone system like that for my wife and I. My idea was to just make it easier to answer the phone... no matter which phone actually rang. But using that for a cellphone/security setup... temporary or permanent.... is brillant. You get a helpful from me.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 06:23:48 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

skywalker1689

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 04:26:26 PM »

Correction!!

According to the following link
http://shop4.frys.com/product/5642031?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Fry's is selling "GE 21518EE1 or 21518EC1 Cell Fusion Cell Gateway" for $39.99 not $30.00 I previously posted.

Another popular one are Panasonic KX-TH1212B and Panasonic KX-TH1211B.

Read reviews in Amazon before you buy them.
Some are available locally in Fry's, Walmart and Target, which are good for testing the compatibility with your cell phones. Don't forget to check their return policy.

Fry's Panasonic KX-TH1211B #5613971 is currently on sale(store walk in) until the end of today(01/06/2009).
$79.99 minus $40.00 mail in rebate.

You can get it as cheap as $30.00 from frys.com last time I check.
Then get a compatible cell phone.

This solution is much cheaper than $200.00 dock-n-talk or alikes.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 04:35:29 PM by skywalker1689 »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.