Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Posters that have problems  (Read 3056 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
New Posters that have problems
« on: January 11, 2009, 10:36:11 AM »

I'm noticing that the Forums are getting new posters that have various X10 problems.   Regular posters here reply with helpful tips and corrective actions, and the OP never replies or comes back.

Little bitty gripe   ;D 
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Re: New Posters that have problems
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 10:40:26 AM »

Dan's Right!

If you have a problem that has been solved by the advice given here, please report back!  Otherwise, we have no idea if we actually solved the individual problem.  Believe it or not, your problems are not unique and the same questions might be asked again.
It's so nice when a problem/solution gets posted completely and the thread can be referenced.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 03:19:12 PM »

.......and the OP never replies or comes back.

Although it doesn't actually bother me if the Original Poster doesn't reply back and let us know if the suggestion worked. I just assume they found their own solution and never checked back. It is just.. being a married man.... I like to have documentation when I am right about something (anything).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 04:12:29 PM »

It takes all kinds in this world.
This board is full of some the most gracious people I've cyber met.
Don't let the rudeness of newbies or otherwise affect your good character or get ya down.

>!
Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 03:30:54 PM »

I'm noticing that the Forums are getting new posters that have various X10 problems.   Regular posters here reply with helpful tips and corrective actions, and the OP never replies or comes back.

Little bitty gripe   ;D 
Most of these new posters are asking same old questions! ::) :'  My Little bitty gripe   ;D
Perhaps one should just point them to an existing thread covering the issue, or point them to a sticky with links, or point them to the advanced search telling them to take some time and search.
Many users here take great Pride in being able to help others!
Showing the OP they are not the only ones with the issue and ways to fix may make them  reply (it doesn't make them look silly)!
Just one thought! ::) :'
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 09:12:11 PM »

Most of these new posters are asking same old questions! ::) :'  My Little bitty gripe   ;D
Perhaps one should just point them to an existing thread covering the issue, or point them to a sticky with links, or point them to the advanced search telling them to take some time and search.
One thing that I continually notice, and it erks me, is  frequently repeated questions which are answered in the instructions. I know X10 has some poor instructions, but I think these "youngins" are getting lazy. If the user can't get the new gizmo to work by clicking the mouse, they give and want some one  to tell them what to do instead of readingthe manual.

Usually I will answer with something like  "Page 14 of the instructions explains tranceived housecodes...", etc.  But it really is a pain to continually repeat things that are covered in the instructions.  Am I the only person that still reads the manual on a new gizmo? I even the new car manual.   sigh....
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.