Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XTB-IIR Extended Code Update  (Read 14563 times)

JeffVolp

• Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
XTB-IIR Extended Code Update
« on: January 08, 2009, 01:13:17 PM »

Many of you know that some X10 dimmers use extended codes to directly set illumination levels without having to ramp to that level with multiple commands.  While the XTB-IIR supported extended codes in both the X10 Boost and TW523 emulation modes, it did not repeat them because of the potential for collisions.  Since the CM15A is usually tethered to a computer with a short USB cable, it is often difficult or impossible to co-locate that unit with the XTB-IIR to take advantage of its X10 Boost mode.  That became an issue for those CM15A users who need a repeater for extended codes.

It turns out that the CM15A, HomeVison, and perhaps some other controllers, send extended codes as “doublets” like standard commands.  It is possible to repeat the extended code overlaid in bit-sync with the second half of that transmission, as is done for normal commands.  I completed testing the XTB-IIR firmware update that adds that capability.  It will only repeat “doublet” extended codes to still avoid the possibility of colliding with a tailgating command sent by a controller that does not use the “doublet” format.

A beta version of this firmware is available to those XTB-IIR users who are willing to test the repeater mode by sending extended codes with the CM15A.  If you are interested in participating in this limited beta test, please contact me directly.

Jeff
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 08:08:38 PM by JeffVolp »
X-10 automation since the BSR days

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: XTB-IIR Extended Code Update
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 01:43:19 PM »

Hmm... You're tempting me to update from my old original XTB.  ;)
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

GregH

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 11:16:14 AM »

I need to hurry and build my XTB-IIR... (But don't wait on me.  This is my first project in a couple of years.)  Also, the CM15A has battery backup, therefore, I was planning to program it from my computer and then move it to the receptacle on the XTB-IIR for the direct signal boost.

JeffVolp

• Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 02:51:41 PM »

The XTB-IIR 1.06 firmware update to repeat "doublet" extended codes has been released.  There were absolutely no problem reports from any of the beta units, and the code now being delivered is identical (except the B suffix has been removed).

Since I had promised that update to a few people, it will be available at no charge to those who purchased the unit since 9/1/08, and need the capability to repeat extended codes from their CM15A.  Just contact me with your mailing address.

There is no reason to incorporate the update unless you need to repeat extended codes (with the CM15A located remotely from the XTB-IIR).  Version 1.05 handles extended codes through either the X10 Boost input (with the CM15A plugged directly into the XTB-IIR) or the digital I/O port.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.