Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: va12a capture device  (Read 9069 times)

cjc5602

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
va12a capture device
« on: January 08, 2009, 03:45:28 PM »

I have a pan tilt camera and the vanguard operaying system. Everything was working fine untill the power went out today and now it is saying that there is no adapter installed. I have removed vanguard and reinstalled and nothing works. I called tech support and they e-mailed me drivers and that didnt work and in the device manager it shows nothing. any advice or support would be great by the way i am using windows vista maybe thats the real problem huh >*<

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: va12a capture device
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 04:52:22 PM »

..... Everything was working fine untill the power went out today....

I fail to understand why people don't use the "restore feature". If the problem started today... pick any start-up that occoured before the last one/DATE, and restore to there.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

cjc5602

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 05:41:21 PM »

well i have tried to connect the adapter to 2 laptops and its not registering on either. so i am wondering if the actual adapter is faulty >*<

LOOKnonUbAbYCAke

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 06:39:18 PM »

Actually I don't think windows Vista is the problem at all. I was having a problem getting the x-10 software to show up in the device manager on windows XP. But when I downloaded it to Windows Vista it was way easy. Windows Vista Actually ask me, did I want them to download it for me? I choose yes, and it did just that. Mine works great with Vista.

cjc5602

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 12:29:22 AM »

this is so weird, i have tried everything to get this to work today. everytime i have plugged and unpluged the device i didnt get a notification from the computer. and i have tried on mylaptops also and nothing. so now i took it outside in 22 dg cold to take a break and i came back in and plugged it in and now the stupid thing gave me a notification and now it works WTF >*< >!

mritorto

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 02:55:00 PM »

I am having an issue installing it on xplaptop.  I am wondering if it my usb port is not usb2.0 and it that is an issue.

Any work arounds ?

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 09:43:13 AM »

For me, my VA12A requires USB 2.0. Vista and Win7 work fine. And I get washout white if I use it on 3.228.  It works fine on 3.236 (but I don't use that version)
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.