Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Just gettig started fun from start  (Read 14737 times)

alexo1us

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Just gettig started fun from start
« on: January 19, 2009, 02:50:05 PM »

Where to start?
just ordered AHP Kit with all addons got my note for software AHP but none of the other software.
said to use number below for activation no code I did try the -1 but still no work.
Called help desk sad they would have them to me soon.
After lurkin around here i've been starting to worry about them.

Cameras, can i use my IP camers with this software? Already have 8 i can switch and access from the world using ip address.
may add one of thos vangard cameras for fun.

I have been thinking of reselling and installing but NOW LESS SURE lurking can be scary. will work with what i have and decide.
this seems full of bugs and my clients can find their own issue's they do not me to add to them.

that's it for now although I'm sure I'll be back

thanks to Michael Youngblood for finally getting me activated to this board
Alex

alexo1us

Re: Just gettig started fun from start
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 11:29:38 AM »

Ok I don’t understand why a simple order has to be so screwed up
And the nice lady on the order desk even made up a whole new order because she got tired of waiting for my links and registrations so she could send them to me.

Yet again they send me no code for registration just a link. When I tried the – 1 thing it just said no registration available or something like that. And where the heck the rest of my software the hardware is useless without it
This order has been screwed up from the start mostly caused by very poor training in customer service. I shouldn’t think they are actually trying to screw it up and lack of accountability on management. Not to mention all of the other nightmares about their quality Customer service after you get your money I read here

I was hopping this would be away to make some added income to my current, But if They can’t get something as simple as getting software downloaded and registered without a crap load of grief I’m certainly not going to visit this on my clients.

Unless something happens with the way I get responded to I will no longer order from them.
If the last week is any indication I suspect it will be ignored or I will get a “ya so what go get it from some where else”. “We already hooked ya for 100.00 bucks”
Sooner or later they’re going to run out of customers, and then they’re stuck with lots of product and no one who trusts them enough to buy from them.
I mean what good is a great price when it is a crap shoot as to whether you’re going to get what you paid for.
Even better once you get it sorted out and it arrives you find out you missing a key component to make it do what they said it would in the ad.
To slap you again when you and say I want it to do this you get back “oh for that you need to buy this extra piece”
Now I know I will drive out to Bowmansville and walk through the place, talk live to a warm body get it right the first time.

Best yet no 10 bucks to ship to Canada from a Canadian warehouse. I mean come on guy’s I know we live in Canada but we are educated.
And we got to be a big chunk of cash to have our own warehouse.

Sorry for the rant guys since I know most of you have your own stories I can only hope some one from their reads this and all the others here and actually tries to do something to better this critical part of business or they will all be out of jobs.

Being small I understand the need for good clients and repeat customers. Especially during these economic times. I’m not building the American dream the only bailout I can hope for is helping some of my clients to stay afloat so they can continue to pay me

Alex

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 05:39:01 PM »

I sent a PM to one of the Administrators here to look into your problem.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

YB

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Coders Are The Only True Evils In This World...
    • X10 WTI
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 05:47:22 PM »

Ok

I just sent your posts and your email to our customer support reps. We will have some more information to you as soon as we can. Your welcome for helping you get active on the forums. It is nice to see new names around here.

-Michael Youngblood

p.s. You can always call us toll free: 1-800-675-3044
Michael Youngblood
Web Designer

alexo1us

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 09:44:42 PM »

just an update got my hardware today managed to get one device hooked up and working. Still no plugin links and registration.
but the playing around with the stuff as is has cooled me off a little

I still having issues with the socket rocket can't get it take the unit code.
I suspect it is because I have to use AHP to turn the switch on and off I think it's the off signal causing problems.
I'll see if I can write a macro to turn it just on 3 times, no off signal. Do you think this will work?

The slimline switch is also giving me greif but I suspect this is do more to my newbe status haven't got the timming right or something.

I will also thank you guys for forwarding this off to them maybe someone who's thinking long term will fix the issues with customer service. I should also say thanx to Edolia Wright who has been trying to sort this mess out for me.

Alex

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 10:01:16 PM »

Havent tried this but X10 says it works lol

Another way to program a Socket Rocket with out a remote

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Programming_Your_Socket_Rocket_Without_A_Remote
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

alexo1us

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 11:27:34 PM »

Thanx Again Jsnlong
tried that method but I only have a CM15A and the slimline this is what worked for me.
as my slimline is set for A4,5,6 couldn't use this because I needed to set a b8
But I created a macro to just send on commands 3 in a row no time delay Worked like a charm
light came on and could turn it on and off at the setup location but when moved it didn't work
will do some more checking could be a power line issue or the fact it is plugged into a gfi plug.
or the fact I didn't have the transceiver section checked for b as well, need to play more.
this should keep me busy for a day or two.
Alex

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 11:56:35 PM »

Don't forget that your house is wired to 2 phases. SO with out a phase coupler the x10 signal might not be able to reach some places in your house.

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Phase_Coupling

People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

alexo1us

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 01:42:03 AM »

Yep I think your right the plugs in the back of house don't get signal so it's off in search of a phasor ;D
did the coat hanger trick to my cm15a very poor reception now my slimeline works from all locations in the house

>! Alex

alexo1us

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 11:38:21 AM »

Update
Got the registration codes today now just the links for the rest of software.
just with the playing last night I'm getting around it fast.
this is a great interface. easy to learn and setup and thanx to this forum it makes it a whole lot easier.

just a few things that may help newbies
1 put a10 inch wire (coat hanger works) taped on the antenna this will greatly improve reception for the CM15A
before I couldn't get 10 feet from my slimline switch now from within 10 feet of house it works great.

2 if you didn't get any controllers and only have the cm15a to setup socket rockets that requires the sending of "on" codes to set them  write a macro to send 3 "on" only signals to that device. this will set them every time.

3 use this board, search first but the guys and gals here have a whole bunch of knowledge that the tech guys at X10 don't have.
real world problem solving like staping an wire to antenna to make it work for example.

i will continue to add as well
thanx guys with out this board i suspect a lot of this stuff would get buried in a box for not working as expected.
Alex

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 12:17:26 PM »

Glads you got the needed codes and are on your new X10 Adventures. Have fun.

alexo1us

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 01:06:01 PM »

using info I got from here I got most of my other addon now if some one knows what the software code is for onalert
I can get that as well
thanx Alex

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.