Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Smart Macro with a different House code  (Read 7318 times)

petergrasse

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Smart Macro with a different House code
« on: January 19, 2009, 09:47:20 PM »

I would like to run a smart macro that detects my garage door open.  My housecode has been E.  My garage door sends an ON to N11 when the door is up and an OFF when down.  When I start the smart macro, it only shows E modules and no N11 module.  Now what?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Smart Macro with a different House code
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 09:56:34 PM »

I would like to run a smart macro that detects my garage door open.  .........  Now what?

Check out my garage door (and reminder) macro ..it works for me. I use mine with my BVC setup... so my Kate Voice tells me when the door goes up or the door closes... and reminds me every few minutes if the door is left open. I also have a little light that comes on on my endstand.

You can see it in action on my YouTube Video.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 02:38:14 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 12:01:38 PM »

I would like to run a smart macro that detects my garage door open.  My housecode has been E.  My garage door sends an ON to N11 when the door is up and an OFF when down.  When I start the smart macro, it only shows E modules and no N11 module.  Now what?
Not clear in your description, but if you are using conditionals in the macro, the trigger needs to be in the Monitored Housecode.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 05:04:39 PM »

Not clear in your description, but if you are using conditionals in the macro, the trigger needs to be in the Monitored Housecode.

If I use a conditional... the condition (the H/U Code that is the condition) must be monitored... not the trigger.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.