Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: all lights on triggering macro  (Read 8014 times)

gcb

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
all lights on triggering macro
« on: January 25, 2009, 12:34:49 PM »

Hi, this is my first post, even though I have been using x-10 for a few year now.  I have been trying for some time now to trigger a macro that emails me after my commercially monitored security system is activated.  I am using a power flash module set in MODE 2, to flash all my lights until the alarm is reset, thus opening the contacts of the module leaving ALL lights in "on" status.  After much reading, I figured out that "all lights on" is not the same as "c 2 on".  C 2 is an address for one of my lights.  I was using  C 2 as an on trigger. I was under the impression that since C2 is a light then then it would trigger.  So, the only other way I have come up with a solution is to wire in another power flash module and use it in Mode 3 to turn on C 2 light, thus triggering my macro.  Or can I incorporate an all light flash macro with the email macro? This would be a challenge for a beginner? thanks Bill

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: all lights on triggering macro
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 01:16:14 PM »

You could trigger a Phantom module with the powerflash send the e-mail and turn on all Lights, a second delay, all units of repeatedly !
Alot of typing :( and the macro will only run for 4 Hours max!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

gcb

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 02:56:47 PM »

Thanks that is kinda what I have been playing with using a macro from dave to flash lights. Only problem to your example is the lights don't flash very fast as with the power flash mod. 

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 06:30:43 PM »

Hi, this is my first post, even though I have been using x-10 for a few year now.  I have been trying for some time now to trigger a macro that emails me after my commercially monitored security system is activated.  ...

Even though you've been a member here at the forum for nearly a year.. all three of your posts have been posted tody. So let me say WELCOME to the forum.

Of course... I've read all your posts. The powerflash unit (set to C2) seems like it would be the way to go. Of course that may not fulfil your flashing lights configuration. But I think you could turn on a couple [or more] appliance module at the same C2 address and then power some low voltage strobes from them.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

gcb

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 09:08:45 PM »

Thanks Dave for the welcome..  I currently have the power flash in mode 2 and I am satisfied with the results.  I was only trying to trigger a macro that would send an email out after  the power flash was "closed".  That is where the problem lies.. writing a macro to flash the lights was only a way to get around the limitations of the powerflash in mode 2.  It flashes my lights great but can't trigger an email. I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.