Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How To:  (Read 7233 times)

GMAN

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
How To:
« on: January 22, 2009, 01:22:46 PM »

Hello all, I will try to be short winded here. I have various cams around the house. One I concider priority. When I am away I record that cams view. Not a big deal. How can I establish automatic reversion back to that priority cam? When one of the motion activated cam areas motion sensor sends it's 'off' signal it just kills the feed to the PC recording. I would like to have it revert back to that cam with and without the PC on.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: How To:
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 04:31:06 PM »

..I will try to be short winded here.

You might have been a little too short winded. Don't worry we have plenty of "white space" here at the forum that we can type all over. Should I assume you aren't using AHP... so you can't create a macro? If your not using AHP... what software/controller are you using?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

GMAN

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 06:23:15 PM »

Thank you Dave, your are always here and patient with us in our attempts at X10 glory. So far I am just using a simple set up with the VA11a, Receiver, and Debut Video Recoder/ resource hog software to the PC. I need to be able to re-power up that cam automatically somehow. Be nice to also have it occur without the PC up and running. I have ' audio/visual aids' (Lights or the good ol' LOUD 'click' from the transceiver(s) ;D to alert me when I'm home that a sensor/cam has been triggered so I grab the buttons and have a look. Be it the Computer or a TV. Then I'm just manually reselecting that main cam via hand held remote or I have the old FireCracker Palmpad if I'm sit'n at the computer. Wife KNOWS I'M NUTS, shes not fond of all the remotes around the house.  :'

HA Dave

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 08:05:55 PM »

.... Wife KNOWS I'M NUTS, shes not fond of all the remotes around the house.  :'

I am  not a big fan of remotes laying around myself... that's one of the reasons I use BVC.

It sounds to me like your using the group of four setup for your cameras. This works great for getting views as someone would walk near and/or around your monitored area. But when the motion sensor triggers the last [or any] camera Off... all cameras are Off. Even the camera you want on 24/7 is turned Off. You can put that camera outside the group of four... even on a different House Code... but then it will never turn Off. So you wouldn't be able to record from the other cameras.

One solution would be to add AHP with the CM15A interface. One simple set of macros that that turns the "main camera On" everytime it hears the motion sensor Off signal should work. 

Adding Active Home Pro (AHP) to your Home Automation or security setup can really add useful features or just some really cool fun
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 12:14:41 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »

GMAN

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 07:16:18 PM »

Thank you!!  Brain got stuck in neutral.  Bummer... I just ordered up a small batch of things (spares) to have around so I'll have to wait till the cookie jar gets a' reload. $  I love it.  Little by little.

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 07:42:15 PM »

... I just ordered up a small batch of things (spares) ..

Well that gives me an idea.. as a stop-gap. If you have a spare motion sensor that could be used to turn your "always on" camera back on. You could put the sensor in the path of that camera... or any area heavily traveled area.. or one in each place.

GMAN

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 07:31:02 PM »

Did I read that correctly in the AHP manual?
With the Macros created and loaded into the CM15A my desires can even be executed with the computer off?   :)%
When a Motion Sensor sends it's 'off' command, that main camera also will be commanded back on.  YESSSS!!!

GMAN

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 07:41:58 PM »

HONEY, CAN I PUT SOME(MORE)STUFF ON THE CREDIT CARD???   :'   Money is sort'a tight.  I have to play fair.
The DVD Player is going belly up too.
I think my son and I finished it off watching all the movies he (we) got for Christmas.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.