Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Parking lot car finder  (Read 58876 times)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Parking lot car finder
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 10:42:15 AM »

Also, another transponder key doesn't stop the jokesters from moving your car 3 rows across and 2 spaces down like they do with everyone else.
WOW! Thanks a bunch, I thought they were just picking on me.  :'
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 11:44:01 AM »

Does your car sport a big "MOVE ME" on it?   Maybe it's the old case of foggy memory.   You park in lane 16, lock the car and go shopping.  You buy what you want, and the lane your car is in goes right out of your mind.  Since most WalMarts have two doors, the odds the one you go out of is not the one you exit.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

beelocks

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 04:11:21 PM »

I find it amusing when they take my car and replace it with my wife's. And they always put hers in the exact space that I left mine  ???
Although my explanations may not be exactly clear, I do hope for slightly less cloudy.

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2010, 06:08:46 PM »

Does your car sport a big "MOVE ME" on it?   Maybe it's the old case of foggy memory.   You park in lane 16, lock the car and go shopping.  You buy what you want, and the lane your car is in goes right out of your mind.  Since most WalMarts have two doors, the odds the one you go out of is not the one you exit.
Gee Dan...ya think?

But it happens at Menards too and they only have one door. The car ain't where I was sure I parked it...so I still think they are moving it.  :'

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2010, 07:47:14 PM »

Do you really think someone would go and move your car on purpose?   ???

I think my car just gets bored if I am in the store too long, and it drives around.  When it gets back to the lot, the original spot may be taken...   :'
>!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2010, 08:26:20 PM »

So KiTT is REAL!!!!!     You are not nybuck, you must be Knight Rider!!!!

nybuck

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2010, 08:44:24 PM »

No, it's just another kit I got at an X10 Wacky Weekend Like New sale...   rofl
>!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2010, 10:41:10 PM »

The REAL "X10 Wacky Weekend" would be for X10USA to produce a GOOD version of AHP, fully bench tested before release, but I'm afraid that is just another "dream along with me".

Oh, well, another year with 3.228.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2010, 11:37:59 PM »

I don't know about an X10 device for finding a misplaced parked car...
But over at geeks.com they do have a 12 volt remote... similar to that of a car alarm (http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=RM01&cpc=SCH). Maybe it could be used to turn on a flasher... or play an MP3... or something distinctive.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

nybuck

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2010, 08:01:53 AM »

The REAL "X10 Wacky Weekend" would be for X10USA to produce a GOOD version of AHP, fully bench tested before release, but I'm afraid that is just another "dream along with me".

Oh, well, another year with 3.228.
Has anyone tried the 3.267 European version?

It is free, has some of the plugins, and I don't see why it wouldn't work.....   -:)
>!

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2010, 08:23:36 AM »

Like many others getting over sixty, I too often come out to the mall parking lot and can't quite remember where I parked the car. Why can't X-10 design a transponder that can be installed in the car, and a key chain device that will seek out the transponder.  A compass on the key chain  would point in the direction of the car, and perhaps a laser light might blink or twirl above the car, activated when the key chain device is pressed. These devices would need to have greater range than current remote keys, which act only within about 100 feet or so, and then only blink headlights briefly ( -:)if you can't see the car, you can't see the lights).

Well, this may not be the technologically advanced solution you were hoping for, but....I have been known to take a large bag of popcorn with me when shopping in malls, and simply leave a trail of popcorn as soon as I enter the mall so that I can find my way back out again. You could modify this approach by simply starting to leave the trail as soon as you leave your car....and perhaps periodically leave larger "dumps" of popcorn along the way at strategic locations.

;D

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2010, 09:00:54 AM »

Have not read much about the European 3.267 or 3.271 that is also available in Europe.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2010, 10:37:28 AM »

Might work, might not.   Since European electrical systems are different than North American ones, our CM15A may not receive signals from the software.   Perhaps some brave X10 user will try them on a closed system and give us a detailed report.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2010, 12:45:09 PM »

....I have been known to take a large bag of popcorn with me when shopping in malls, and simply leave a trail of popcorn as soon as I enter the mall so that I can find my way back out again. You could modify this approach by simply starting to leave the trail as soon as you leave your car....and perhaps periodically leave larger "dumps" of popcorn along the way at strategic locations.

I think that "the original idea of pebbles" may be a workable solution. However the popcorn might well fail... as did the bread crums. Those Germans... are way ahead of us.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2010, 04:26:38 PM »

Do you really think someone would go and move your car on purpose?   ???

I think my car just gets bored if I am in the store too long, and it drives around.  When it gets back to the lot, the original spot may be taken...   :'

Heck!  I never thought of that!!  -:)

Here I was blaming the youngins at Wally World and Menards for "pranking" the old geezer. I bet the old Yugo is indeed firing up, and going for a little stroll while I am in the store. Thanks NY! I gotta run over to Menards and apologize to the cart boy...I called him a bad name yesterday...sigh, I feel really bad now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.