Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: bvc help  (Read 57958 times)

aftermarket

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: bvc help
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 12:47:04 PM »

i did the downgrade but it was the american version which started asking for serial codes. do you have a link for the uk version downgrade? another thing is when bvc is listenning so is the vista speech and alsorts start going on!!

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 12:55:04 PM »

Oh did know you were using the UK version... Sorry

Have you adjusted the mic vol. in vista volume control also...  Can you set up  a listener in BVC to say something when X10 sends a signal.....For a test just Set it up so P1 from ahp will make bvc sayI hear P1 you will have to set up a module in AHP called P1 just to test... this will let us know if AHP and BVC is talking that way...

Now you mic setup. I'm wondering  Have you tried adjusting the mic volume with vistas volume control too and make sure your mic isn't close to your computer speakers
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

aftermarket

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 12:58:33 PM »

i have managed to set up a listen command similar to what you have said for my cinema room. when i press a1 on an x10 remote bvc annouces cinema room lights on. So it seems they are talking to each other.

the speakers are about 2 meters from the mic and i have gone into the mic setup and tried lowering the mic volume however this has not seemed to work either. any other ideas?

Jsnlong

• XKAR
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 01:06:02 PM »

Wonder where are you from? have you tried changing the word from computer to something else. maybe it just dont understand you
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

aftermarket

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 01:08:25 PM »

lol from the uk. it is wierd as vista understands me fully. i'll try turning the sound down even further when i get back home and let you know when the results are. thanks so far though

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 01:51:54 PM »

i have managed to set up a listen command similar to what you have said for my cinema room. when i press a1 on an x10 remote bvc annouces cinema room lights on. So it seems they are talking to each other.
the speakers are about 2 meters from the mic and i have gone into the mic setup and tried lowering the mic volume however this has not seemed to work either. any other ideas?

Ok... you need to "mute the microphone" (that is a check setting). Mute [in this case] doesn't mean the the microphone won't be heard... it means it will not be played over the speakers.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Jsnlong

• XKAR
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 01:58:05 PM »

AHHH forgot that ...yea mute it in the vista volume control not in BVC...

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

HA Dave

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 02:03:12 PM »

... it is wierd as vista understands me fully.

Do the microphone setup through BVC. BVC uses the same speech engine (Microsoft's) and should be understanding you equally well.

aftermarket

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2009, 06:45:10 PM »

ok been trying a few other things today, here we go....i noticed when i set the mic up it always says that the computer doesn't hear me fully. This might be why its not working!! commanding vista works a treat however i opened word up to give that a go speaking to it, and guess what!! it didn't work one bit. this is leading me to believe that the mic i have bought isn't good enough. whats your thoughts on this?

HA Dave

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2009, 09:44:11 PM »

..... this is leading me to believe that the mic i have bought isn't good enough. whats your thoughts on this?

The "microphone" setup is troublesome in all setups. It will need to be reset every day because of the auto-gain associated with microphones.

I use the "Line-in" setup! This eliminates the audio auto-gain you will get from the "microphone" setup. Of course... you can't use a regular mic in the line-in... it needs to be a powered device of some sort.

I have an old post that details some of the setup.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 07:45:19 AM by Dave_x10_L »

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2009, 11:24:10 PM »

ok been trying a few other things today, here we go....i noticed when i set the mic up it always says that the computer doesn't hear me fully. This might be why its not working!! commanding vista works a treat however i opened word up to give that a go speaking to it, and guess what!! it didn't work one bit. this is leading me to believe that the mic i have bought isn't good enough. whats your thoughts on this?

What version of Office?  I have read that Office 2007 doesn't support VR for some dumb reason.
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

aftermarket

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2009, 08:36:48 AM »

i'm going mad!!! i've now bought a logitech usb digital mic and the bvc still wont respond to the computer phrase. I can still control vista ok ish. any ideas? thanks

HA Dave

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2009, 10:09:38 AM »

i'm going mad!!! i've now bought a logitech usb digital mic and the bvc still wont respond to the computer phrase. I can still control vista ok ish. any ideas? thanks

I run an old P3 with XP for my setup. BUT.. I also run a copy of BVC on my Vista laptop just for testing and such. It works fine for me... but I don't have a fancy USB Mic ether.

I use line-in... soundcard: amplified audio device/line-in. That way once I get the audio set/configured correctly... it stays there. With a microphone [microphone in the mic input] your going to need to go through your microphone setup all the time

Re-do you microphone setup from your control panel. Then when VR is running you should see it on your screen/monitor.... note the pop-up "listening" monitor in the picture.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 10:12:18 AM by Dave_x10_L »

aftermarket

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2009, 12:12:30 PM »

i see the vr box and it does say listening however i noticed with the new mic that it picks up everything and vista starts going mad opening loads of things. Maybe i should try it on my old xp laptop?

i'm almost considering having a keypad in each room that would turn the power on to the devices then use the ir control from bvc to  get the items to the right channels. whats your thoughts on using it that way?

HA Dave

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2009, 02:39:19 PM »

i see the vr box and it does say listening however i noticed with the new mic that it picks up everything and vista starts going mad opening loads of things. Maybe i should try it on my old xp laptop?

Sounds like you have the most comman of problems... too much volume. Like being at a noisy party... it isn't easy to understand what is being said. It is best for VR if the computer can barely hear you. 

I'm almost considering having a keypad in each room that would turn the power on to the devices then use the Ir control from bvc to  get the items to the right channels. whats your thoughts on using it that way?

I am not sure I follow... I've only just recently used the IR feature to control anything. And although I can Voice Command the cameras On... it is rare that I do. I have a perimiter detection system/setup that turns cameras and a TV/Display on for me... as needed. 

I use X10 to turn my baby monitors on and off... I see no reason for them to be on.. if I'm not available. My BVC runs 24/7... I love the information as well as automation BVC (and AHP) provides. I really don't like remotes so much... and that's a great part about BVC. I do have a ICON (X10 Beta) next to my easy chair... with it and BVC.. my home is on remote control.

I do use an Infrared Mini-Controller (IR543) in my Home Theater so as I can control my X10 lighting with my Logitech/Harmony Remote.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 12:59:36 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.