Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: bvc help  (Read 57912 times)

aftermarket

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: bvc help
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2009, 06:45:52 AM »

ok not able to get vocie rec working so i'm going to drop using that feature however i'm still interested in bvc as it can control my ir devices. I have microsoft usb ir device to control media center am i able to use this to program bvc or do i need to buy the usbir device i've seen? thanks

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2009, 09:14:13 PM »

ok not able to get vocie rec working so i'm going to drop using that feature however i'm still interested in bvc as it can control my ir devices. I have microsoft usb ir device to control media center am i able to use this to program bvc or do i need to buy the usbir device i've seen? thanks

First, I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with the Voice Recognition.   ???

Second, the only IR interface BVC supports at present is the USB-UIRT, as shown on my BVC web page.
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

aftermarket

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2009, 06:14:22 AM »

ok thanks for letting me know it only work with the usb-ir device. since i cant get it fully working and would like to use the bits that work what do you think would be a reasonable price for a donation to get the full verson?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2009, 08:30:25 AM »

.... since i cant get it fully working

Getting the microphone properly setup has always been the challenge for all "Voice Controlled" setups. In the "early days" of what was then BXVC (X for X10) most the the BXVC thread dealt with microphone setup. My own BVC Fan Site began as a way for me to share my cheap-N-easy Baby-Monitor Microphone Setup and my own experiences with setting it up.

I guess after more than a couple years of running BVC 24/7 I now spend more time looking for new uses, or new ways to use Voice Control or BVC in general.

I am sorry if I seem to have forgotten about some of the frustrations of ANY Home Automation setup. Trust me I haven't forgot how "alone out there" it can feel when setting up these systems. Most week-nights several of us stop in at KDR's Home Automation Chat (Room). Any of us would be happy to work with you to get your setup up and running (BVC or not). I try to regularly post information... as well as sprinkle links to more info throughout my posts.

I promise to work on a video about microphone setup... to add to my YouTube collection. Meanwhile your welcome to join us at KDR's Chat or drop me a PM. Remember.... your not really alone with this stuff... theres bunches of us!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 03:13:57 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2009, 03:53:13 PM »

I promise to work on a video about microphone setup... to add to my YouTube collection.

I stayed true to my word! Being retired... I was able to devote the entire day into making this PAINFULLY boring microphone setup video (my wife will be so proud).
Home Automation is an always changing technology
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.