Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Security console  (Read 4753 times)

billrd01

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Security console
« on: February 05, 2009, 11:12:09 PM »

1.   How long will the security console continue to call ?
2.   This morning i arrived, disarmed the system - all OK.  When I tried to arm - all the zones were flashing - I had to unplug & ! remove the battery and reinitialize the system. Tested - everything OK - Armed and left. About 30 minutes later I started getting calls - every 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 35 mins, hour & 10 minutes, etc. Seems like they are diminishing. Last call was about 3 hrs & 25 mins ago.  I am 60 miles away and won't be home until Friday night. Problem is that the calls are long distance to my cell phone.
3.  I have a x10 telephone responder unit I can set up to remove power from the unit remotely - but if the battery is in I assume it will keep on calling ?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Security console
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 10:53:44 AM »

1.   How long will the security console continue to call ?

The console recycles after 4 minutes; a zone trigger after that will cause a new phone call.

2.   This morning i arrived, disarmed the system - all OK.  When I tried to arm - all the zones were flashing - I had to unplug & ! remove the battery and reinitialize the system.

To stop the zone LED(s) flashing after a trigger, you need to press the Security Lights OFF on the remote. Once you do this, you should be able to re-arm without a problem.

It sounds like you have one or more zones that are false triggering. If door/window sensors are false triggering, then make sure the spacing between the magnetic switch parts are not too far apart. If motion detectors are false triggering then you have to determine if they are seeing a change of heat, if you have pets, or they are causing the false triggers on their own (this is not new).

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.