Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: would you recommend x10  (Read 15797 times)

astrothug

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: would you recommend x10
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2009, 11:14:03 PM »

Ok So does the
AHP (CM15A) is wireless (RF) and PowerLine (PLC) need to be near my break box or can it be anywhere in the house, reason I'm asking is that I live in a basement sweet and realy dont have Access to my Breakerbox, I read on the forums someone who has it there near the breaker box....

No.... with apartments you can have special phase issue.... no matter what products you use.

so I could have problems then? and if so what kind? is it fixable ?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 10:42:37 AM »

so I could have problems then? and if so what kind? is it fixable ?

Absolutely you could (and most very likely will) have problems!

If you read through the forums... you will realize... X10 isn't plug and play. Even an old established setup... can run into unexpected problems most often caused buy a new device or device failure.

Are these problems fixable? I don't think I have ever seen even one person.. who kept at it... that didn't find a solution or work-around for their problem or problems. This isn't a kit... but it isn't rocket science ether.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

astrothug

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 01:05:23 PM »

so I ordered the X10 HybridHome: Complete ActiveHome Pro System with FREE CFL Lamp Module, and will play with that before i make other purchases. so I will post my experiences here on how it goes...

thanks too all those who have been patent with me and my questions.  :)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 04:33:14 PM »

so guys a few questions again the x10 firecracker talks to the devices through the wiring of the house correct

No. Firecracker is wireless (RF) ONLY.

AHP (CM15A) is wireless (RF) and PowerLine (PLC)

I saw this post earlier, where do get that AHP is wireless?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

HA Dave

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 06:18:58 PM »

I saw this post earlier, where do get that AHP is wireless?

I didn't mean to say (and don't think I did) that AHP was wireless. What I meant to express is that the CM15A interface (AHP) communicates using RF and PLC (both the wireless and powerline technologies). Whereas the Firecracker can only communicate using the RF technology.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 06:24:29 PM »

When Marconi developed radio (the "R" in "RF"), he referred to it as "Wireless".
 ;)
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 01:29:54 PM »

Yes.
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

astrothug

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 10:47:17 AM »

Ok Operating System XP or Vista ? capture card? I have all just need to know what to put into it, my comp will run 24/7.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 11:59:35 AM »

When Marconi developed radio (the "R" in "RF"), he referred to it as "Wireless".
 ;)

Are you sure? I thought he said "Mr Watson, come here, I need you".  ::)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 12:02:17 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 01:31:29 PM »

Ok Operating System XP or Vista ? capture card? I have all just need to know what to put into it, my comp will run 24/7.

Sorry astrothug this is all personal preference stuff.

I run XP on my HA (Home Automation) PC... because I own some XP's and XP is easier on the PC's resources. So I can use my old dust collectors.

Capture cards... some are using the capture cards... often without X10 cameras. I have used a Video IP server (self standing). If your new to X10, and cameras... I would go with the X10 Video adapter and X10 cameras. X10 intergrates seamlessly... and has a much smaller learning curve.

You will need AHP (Active Home Pro) which should come with the CM15A interface and a suite of software that will allow you to do more than you can imagine (if your new to this). I also use a third party software (there are several) I am a big fan of BVC.

X10 products doesn't limit you in any way as to what you can do with Home Automation. Explore the pages here at the forum... read the posts everyday for a few weeks. Get some basic X10 items and start your setup. Ideas on what to do... will come as you develop greater understanding of the technology. I am fond of saying:  The use of Home Automation is limited... only by our imaginations.

Are you sure? I thought he said "Mr Watson, come here, I need you".  ::)

Why was Sherlock Holmes friend... over at Marconi's house.. helping him invent the phone?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 02:53:01 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »

astrothug

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 06:23:27 PM »

Thanks Dave I bought my stuff just waiting for the order now!! So I'm going to install on a fresh Install of win xp, and will order the full version of BVC. I have spent a lot of time on the site already and will keep doing so....

HA Dave

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2009, 08:22:39 PM »

I have spent a lot of time on the site already and will keep doing so....

Very cool astrothug ....  And welcome aboard!

astrothug

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2009, 06:21:34 PM »

Made donation to BVC just waiting to get the full version to try out... I think I'm addicted to X10 lol

astrothug

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2009, 12:34:06 AM »

so today im in our local circuit city and found a few X10 under a different name nexxtech so i picked up a 1 Mini Controller (MC10A) and a Price
1 Lamp Module (LM465) plus a 1 X10 Appliance Module. they have a few X10 Wall Switches i might pick up tomorrow....

the wife after seeing the lights turn on and off from a switched is liking the idea.... :)%

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2009, 05:27:05 PM »

so today im in our local circuit city and found a few X10 under a different name nexxtech so i picked up a 1 Mini Controller (MC10A) and a Price
1 Lamp Module (LM465) plus a 1 X10 Appliance Module. they have a few X10 Wall Switches i might pick up tomorrow....

the wife after seeing the lights turn on and off from a switched is liking the idea.... :)%

Wow I wish we had a local store that sold this stuff.... So Circuit city? did you get it at a good deal since they are closing shop.. Our local store is done and closed sad but guess that's the time we live in now. To many stores selling all the same crap lol

Is the nexxtech stuff just X10 with a name change or do they look completely changed?
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.