Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: PR511 Floodlights Motion turns on light during the day  (Read 19833 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: PR511 Floodlights Motion turns on light during the day
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 11:27:10 AM »

I split a circuit going to the floodlight - 120v goes straight to the white/black like normal, the other goes to a junction box to a wired outlet. The lights from the floodlight (blue/white) are wired to a an extension cord that is plugged into a lamp module LM465) - plugged into the outlet.
I set PR511 to D1 and +1 is in, set the LM465 to L2. A D2 ON is detected by HCA, a macro sends L2 ON if NIGHT, does nothing if DAY - and the same for the OFF. The WS467 remote switch might be a better option - higher wattage and a more "wired in" look.

Don't underrate your creativity.... not everyone thinks of these things. But it's a good thing you posted.. its these kinds of posts that give me ideas.

I had setup a two-sensor sensor. I hadn't thought of it (like your idea)... or I could just used a wired-in module (or even an appliance module converted to a wired-in module). I set mine up with Occupancy Sensing so it only triggers when I am gone (or manually set). That way I can garden, mow, bar-B-Q, or whatever without the voice warning or video captured.

I am a BIG fan of the PR511 floodlights myself. They are a nice solid solution. Thanks for sharing cobom1628 .
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 12:07:19 PM »

X10Ken,BaBalou, Dave X10 L, Dave W

Thank You all for your suggestions.  I appreciate you making the effort to help me.

X10Ken,
I am glad to hear I am not the only one that encountered this problem.  Because I couldn't really find any posts about this particular complaint I thought I might be doing something wrong.  I have tried the macro during the daytime trick and it works.  The only problem is my first line of defense (The DOGS) are outside during the day, and set the detector off repeatedly.  Still, its better than leaving the lights turned on for five minutes or so every time.  I have also tried the secondary motion detectors and that works, with a small delay.  I was just trying to use the PR511 to their fullest advantage.
BaBaLou,
That's an interesting idea.  I haven't tried that yet.  Since the floodlights are under the eaves of my house, maybe I can get by without any weather/moisture related issues.  I'll try it and let you know.
Dave X10 L,
That's an interesting thought.  I'll have to ponder exactly how I could put that to use.  HHHMMM.  That might just do what I want it to!    Thanks.
Dave W,
Forgive my ignorance, I am new to this stuff.  What are dusk to dawn adapters?

General,
You know, its a darn shame that these units aren't capable of using the motion sensor independant of turning the lights on ???.  They have to already have the internal logic to do this, because there have separate internal sensors for day/night and motion.  X10 has them at a real good price right now (16.50) and I would love to buy more, but I want to solve this problem first.  I can't believe some of the Electronics wizards on this forum haven't come up with a mod for this  :'.  It should be something as simple as a switch and logic to say that both motion and dusk have to exist to turn on the lights -:).

I have given each of you a helpful!  Thanks again for your sugestions.  Any Wizards out there want a challenge?

I use a PRO Wall Switch Appliance Module to control my PR511.  It contains the timers to control the 511.  If I need the 511 on I still have the 511 established in AHP.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

eagle

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 11:35:33 PM »

I'm in the process of getting a couple of the PR511s installed and was trying to figure out how I'd accomplish exactly what shazam is asking.

Thank goodness for the forum.

Now, at least I have a workaround to "deactivate" the lights during the day.

r,
eagle
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.