Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 video sender/receiver  (Read 18593 times)

pattypoohhere

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 video sender/receiver
« on: February 13, 2009, 09:11:46 PM »

I got the video sender and receiver. after a little frustration I got it to work and am happy except for the remote codes. I swear it has every code but the one i need and I tried doing it by the search method and got no place. I need a code for "viewsat platinum lite". Does anyone have A CODE or an idea of where i might find one? thank you
'

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: X10 video sender/receiver
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 09:20:36 PM »

I take it... you got a remote control with you Video sender/receiver... what is the model number of the remote?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

AnJam

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 05:48:17 PM »

Hello;

I am also having trouble with my video receiver VR20A not responding to the remote. It worked with an X-10 Model UR24A when I was using DISHNet, but after changing to ATT U-Verse, I receive a good signal, but can make changes *only* by going to the room with the ATT equipment (and an X10 VT46A sender) and using the U-Verse remote.

The X10 Platinum Model UR73A remote that came with the newest video sender and receiver has never worked with any of my X10 equipment.

I have the X10 VR46A receiver in another room, as well and it works fine with the same VT46A on the ATT box. Neither receiver responds to any X10 remote I own. (I also have an X10 UR19 device.)

In brief:
1. an X10 VT46A sender is attached to ATT's Motorola Model VIP1216 HD IP Video Set-top with DVR;
2. an X10 VR46A receiver in second room receives well but does not respond to any X10 remote;
3. an X10 VR20A receiver in a third room receives well but does not respond to any X10 remote;
4. an X10 VR20A sender in a fourth room seems not to transmit at all and does not respond to any X10 remote. (It is not in use at all at this time.)

Thanks for any suggestions.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 12:04:52 PM »

FWIW - may not be accurate.

Did you try it using the U-Verse remote in your other rooms? I believe the problem is with your UR24A or UR73A and not the Video Sender/Receiver units.

ATT U-Verse has been a problem for other X10 remotes because it sends commands in two bursts, which as of this summer, X10 learning remotes could not do.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

AnJam

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 02:53:13 PM »

Thanks for the response, Dave.

Does your analysis mean that I should plan to continue to get my exercise in order to change channels - that the remotes won't work?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 03:33:47 PM »

Thanks for the response, Dave.

Does your analysis mean that I should plan to continue to get my exercise in order to change channels - that the remotes won't work?
I don't know if X10 has fixed the inability of X10 remotes to reproduce U-Verse codes. You probably need to call X10. However the X10 Video Sender/Receiver transmit the remotes beam from video receiver back to video sender with out altering it. So your U-verse remote should work in the rooms where you have the receivers. Just carry the U-Verse remote with you.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.