Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thought I was doing the right thing......  (Read 4326 times)

Kwikservice

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Thought I was doing the right thing......
« on: February 14, 2009, 05:17:01 PM »

I have been using a old RadioShack personal emergency phone dialer as a makeshift alarm system in one of my out buildings. Sure has kept the local kids out. Set it up to trigger the emergency call button when anyone enters the building with a simple trip wire. It dials out through a ufone cellular gateway that dials up a bluetooth cell phone that hidden in the building. It's all powered up with a old computer ups and has been working great for the last six months. I had one of my rental property go empty and order a PS561 dialer and some sensors to provide some security. When i set up the new dialer this weekend it wont dial out as the old Radioshack unit does with the gateway. I don't have a landline any more so I will test the unit at work Monday to see if it will dial out on a land line. I guess the new dialer could be bad. The caller id on the cell phone never shows a complete number as the old R/S unit does. If i can find my old tel co handset I'll try listening in on the dialer to hear how fast it dials out. Has anyone ever tried using a cellular gateway with a PS561 dialer.

Kwikservice

Re: Thought I was doing the right thing......
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 05:45:20 PM »

Took the dialer to work and it dialed out ever time on a landline. So the problem is with the bluetooth cell phone or cellular gateway. Found my old telco handset so I could listen in on the dtmf tones. The old R/S and new dialer  sounded the same speed to me. The only thing i noticed was a lot of noise on the line when it went to dial out. So I hooked up a better power supply to the gateway and the noise went away but it still didn't dial out the right number on the new dialer. Would like to hear from anyone that has tried a cellular gateway with a dialer. 

Kwikservice

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 08:17:24 PM »

I have tried a fax,phone with redial,my laptop and desk PC and a hot-dialer box to dial out with the cellular gateway. They all work the only thing that wont work is the alarm control. I thought the hot-dialer box would work when it was used with the alarm control. But something from the alarm is causing the hot-dialer not to dial out. My only thought is to use a sound operated switch to switch on the hot dialer. Setting the switch to turn the dialer on when only the alarm sounds.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 10:28:52 PM »

....My only thought is to use a sound operated switch to switch on the hot dialer. Setting the switch to turn the dialer on when only the alarm sounds.

What a great idea.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.