📝Reviews > ActiveHome Pro Reviews

New Version? Please?

(1/4) > >>

devedsmith:
Is there a new version of ActiveHome pro due out soon? I sure hope so. this one seems slow and unresponsive. Also, it doesn't seem to have a lot of the new devices available. Plus, I have had tons of problems with the .AHP files.

Dan Lawrence:
Do you have 3.236? It's a buggy version.  Go to http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/ and look for 3.204.  Install that over what you have now. Once that is installed, you can update it to 3.228, the last good release of AHP.

devedsmith:
Yea, I've already done that and it didn't work. For some reason my "Location" under hardware config shows "Custom" and there are no other locations listed... when I click on it AHP crashes. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing (as you describe). Plus, I've also "fixed" the AHP file to no avail. It still crashes when I click location.

Khris:
I'm running version 3.236 and it's horrible as well.

Dan Lawrence:
For Khris , see the post above from me how to get version 3.204 and upgrade to 3.228.

For devedsmith,  Your AHP is seriously corrupted, you need to do several things:  First:  Uninstall AHP, after that, delete all folders relating to AHP: Under Program Files, ActiveHome Pro and under Program Files/Common Files, X10.  Then reboot your Computer.  Once it is rebooted and Windows loads.
DO NOT keep any .ahx files, they are probably corrupt.  Once Windows has fully loaded, install AHP 3.204 and set it up with proper location info. Recreate a basic .ahx file with your modules (if you don't have list of what you have, now is a good time to create one with module type and location.) with timers and any macros and upload that to the CM15A.  Once you have done that, update AHP to 3.228 through the update link in AHP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version