Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: An X10 command to IR command Transceiver  (Read 12982 times)

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
An X10 command to IR command Transceiver
« on: February 21, 2009, 07:59:22 AM »

Basically, a "box", possibly some combination of a PowerMid with a built-in learning remote, that accepts standard X10 powerline commands, and in response, transmits a learned IR command.  For example, it receives the X10 powerline command of "dim up", and in response, it transmits a learned IR command of "volume up".  The X10 command of "off" would cause the IR command "power off".  Etc.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: An X10 command to IR command Transceiver
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 09:29:43 AM »

rofl
This is basically what I'm working on right now! ::) :'
Read Hide that VCR Commander
Only difference is it uses RF signals now. But with a CM15A you could intercept X10 PLC or even a x10 motion trigger and send the RF signal!
 >!
I'm Hoping to have something available by end of next week! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 12:27:51 PM »

Basically, a "box", possibly some combination of a PowerMid with a built-in learning remote, that accepts standard X10 powerline commands, and in response, transmits a learned IR command.  For example, it receives the X10 powerline command of "dim up", and in response, it transmits a learned IR command of "volume up".  The X10 command of "off" would cause the IR command "power off".  Etc.

I have that now!!!

Bill added IR to BVC sometime ago. However I just recently found an app for it.. to turn on and off a small TV and display camera views (automatically). I use the USB-UIRT to flash a PowerMid-like device (different brand) and its mate (upstairs) controls the little TV. The PowerMid-like device faces the entertainment system so I can later add more functions.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 02:22:58 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 06:02:46 PM »

Just to update you Walt2!
I now have this working and not only can I send IR signal from a x10 one but I can send several IR signals from one X10 signal
As an example A4 On sends via the VCR commander/Powermid combo (pictured in previous post) sends the IR signal to turn on my TV,
change the TV channel to 03, then turns on my VCR, then starts recording!
I'm Debugging now so I'll release it soon! ;)
Best part is most of us have the hardware laying in a box of unused X10 stuff  rofl
 >!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 01:18:45 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.