💬General Category > X10 Product Wish List

Add a switch to disable local sense

(1/1)

ukbb:
I have a lamp with a CFL bulb that causes the appliance module to turn back on. I know there are hacks out there to disable local sense but how about adding a switch to lamp and appliance modules so we can do it without voiding the warranty?

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: ukbb on February 21, 2009, 05:33:05 PM ---I have a lamp with a CFL bulb that causes the appliance module to turn back on. I know there are hacks out there to disable local sense but how about adding a switch to lamp and appliance modules so we can do it without voiding the warranty?

--- End quote ---

Why not use some adapters with a SocketRocket. It works well and no warranty voided.

Dan Lawrence:
There's another trick you can use:  A cube tap and a 4 watt night light.  Plug the cube tap into the module and the night light and the lamp into it.  When the module is on, the light goes on, when off the light goes off and stays off.  Also kills the "flicker" that some CFLs produce when the module is off, some strong enough to turn the module back on.

Walt2:

--- Quote from: Dan Lawrence on February 21, 2009, 07:12:32 PM ---There's another trick you can use:  A cube tap and a 4 watt night light.  Plug the cube tap into the module and the night light and the lamp tino it.  When the module is on, the light goes on, when off the light goes off and stays off.  Also kills the "flicker" that some CFLs produce when the module is off, some strong enough to turn the module back on.

--- End quote ---

That's what I do, and it works quite well.   >!

Walt2:
Just to add a bit of practicality and reality, I doubt X10 would add an "expensive" physical switch onto its modules.

However, it might be possible to add to modules, a configuration command.  An X10 enhanced PLC which would enable or disable various module options, including disabling local control.   Yea, it would require the user to have something like a CM15A to send such commands, which might be considered the only drawback.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version