Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does X10 dialing really not work with Cable VOIP services?  (Read 44478 times)

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Re: Does X10 dialing really not work with Cable VOIP services?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 08:00:25 PM »

Ok, now I feel like even MORE of an idiot.

Trust me, we all have those moments

That was it guys.

Whew! Bout time one of my guesses paid off.  My average had been sagging worse than the Cincinnati Reds!
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

jimm1909

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 12:28:20 AM »

Exactly what i was look for too!

thanks again,

-jim

misterbeefy

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 09:01:57 AM »

Whew! Bout time one of my guesses paid off.  My average had been sagging worse than the Cincinnati Reds!

Well that little bit of common sense earned you a "helpful" sir!
Thanks again  #:)

rmjc

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 01:49:42 PM »

I have a cable modem with phone service through Time Warner, and my newly purchased DS7000 will not dial out.  I have monitored the phone line and when the DS7000 picks up to call, I can hear the Deee-Dooo sound of the alarm coming through the phone system.  I believe these tones are enough to confuse the cable modem so that it does not detect the DTMF codes correctly to complete the call.  It seems to get some of them, but not all.  I do have a DSL filter installed.

Anyone else seen this?  Do all of the DS7000 units do this, or did I just get a defective one (that I can't send back now because I have already modified it).  Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 08:47:35 PM by rmjc »

x10dude

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2010, 03:48:54 PM »

rmjc,

I don't know if you got an answer from another thread, but in case you haven't, I do have a question, which may be the solution to your problem.

In looking at your post, you mention that you have a cable modem, which I assume is where your internet service comes from, then you mention you're using a DSL filter.

DSL and cable internet are two totally different technologies. Why are you using a DSL filter?

For cable internet, you do not need a filter. cable providers give you internet on the same physical cable as a TV signal, but in a different spectrum range.

I would recommend removing the DSL filter and testing your DS7000 again. We can go from there.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2010, 06:10:35 PM »

x10dude; I believe the X10 wiki answer said make sure you have a DSL filter.  :'

deninaharrison

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 11:01:28 AM »

This is amazing we are all having the same issues I have Comcast the triple play as well and I have had them come out several times and they keep saying its the alarm system that doesn't work.  Thank you for figuring this out for them but I was wondering if you could assist me a little more not to familiar with all of the words.  I called them so that I can have a phone jack installed in the home next to the VoIP adapter but was wondering if you can explain a little more about the firmware.  Will the tech from Comcast be able to update this for me? 

sanjay92

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 10:37:29 PM »

I have OOMA VOIP and it does work.
I have followed similar steps for whole house.
http://bananastew.wilkinsons.com/2005/02/using-vonage-for-every-phone-in-your.html

I have connected SC1200 and it does dial out. I have not tested other things

SpareParts

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2011, 09:39:15 PM »

FYI I have a X10 Pro 2000 console I also have VOIP service when i first set it up I made my own cable to go from my VOIP modem to the pro 2000 and back to a house phone jack
and it worked fine. Later I got the RJ31X  phone jack. so I just wanted to post this to let eveyone know it will work fine. 

Praetorian_of_Cathedral

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2012, 02:44:30 PM »

Ok, call me a dummy, but I'm totally confused. I have Cox cable for my internet provider, and Vonage for my telephone service.  The vonage box is plugged into the cable modem, (obviously, to get an IP address), and i have a linksys router plugged into it(for my computers), as well as a fax machine. I have 2 ports (phone 1 and phone2) on the vonage device for phones. I plugged my security console into "phone2" and it does NOT dial out. What am i doing wrong??

I don't have Vonage, but I have Magic Jack.. What I done is put a splitter on my Line Out from my Magic Jack to my phone. One goes to my phone the other to my Security Console... Everything works fine!!  >!

i do magic jack as well the only problem i have is if i use the MJ line for a phone call (cell service isnt all that) after hanging up the alarm console will keep the line open and connected for about 30-45 seconds. anyone else have that problem?
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.