Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PS561 dialing too few digits  (Read 9167 times)

dlboltond

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
PS561 dialing too few digits
« on: February 22, 2009, 05:30:32 PM »

Have a cable based phone system.  Upon setting of the alarm, PS 561 dials the number, but an announcement comes on saying that too few numbers were dialed.  When I listen, all numbers are properly dialed, but some are being missed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  My ears can't take many more trials.

BVD

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
Re: PS561 dialing too few digits
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 06:14:36 PM »

Have a cable based phone system.  Upon setting of the alarm, PS 561 dials the number, but an announcement comes on saying that too few numbers were dialed.  When I listen, all numbers are properly dialed, but some are being missed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  My ears can't take many more trials.

Sounds to me like you have the same problem I have. It is called a cable based phone system that doesn't support modems or any other dialing devices. I tried the 7000 security console after being assured it would work by "Tech Support at X0 " Once again they were WRONG. I sent the whole system back for a refund.

Till Later,
Bob

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 06:48:09 PM »

Which cable base system do you have? There are people here that use it with cable and works fine.

What cable do you have?
What type of cable modem do you have?
Do you use the cable providers phone or go with a second company? "Like vontage"
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

dlboltond

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 08:20:58 PM »

I have Charter based cable with an ARRIS Cable box.  I have never tried to dial out with a modem.  Is that what you were asking for?

dlboltond

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 08:22:52 PM »

And I use the phone direct from cable.  No other service.

Jsnlong

• XKAR
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 09:14:34 PM »

I have Charter based cable with an ARRIS Cable box.  I have never tried to dial out with a modem.  Is that what you were asking for?

Arris is your cable tv box or you cable modem?... The cable modem is the box in which your computer gets its internet from and your phone line plugs into the back of it.

I only bring it because maybe the reason why it works for some people and not others is the cable modem.. Just something to look at.

BVD your in Ohio do you have TImewarner? and what modem do you have.. Casue I know some people who have Timewarner Phone and use the DS7000 system
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

dlboltond

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 09:28:50 PM »

Yes.  It is the ARRIS box.  That is the main box that the everything comes out of (i.e. phone and internet).  Thanks for the help.

dlboltond

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 10:24:33 PM »

A bit more information.  I have an Arris TM402G Touchstone Telphony modem.  It is wired through the house and I have tried several different jacks including connecting directly to the modem.

BVD

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 10:58:11 AM »

BVD your in Ohio do you have TImewarner? and what modem do you have.. Casue I know some people who have Timewarner Phone and use the DS7000 system
[/quote]

Jsnlong,
Yes I do live in Ohio in a little town called Baltimore, about 23 miles south east of Columbus. Yes I do have Time Warner as our cable, digital phone, and RR internet service provider. I have a Motorola SBV5220 SURFboard Cable Modem, provided by Time Warner.

When we initially got the service we were told three things. The phone service
1. Does not support Dial Up Modems and they doubted it ever would.
2. Will not work if the power goes out as the digital phone does not have a backup power signal
3 Does not support 911 at that time however I believe they have been working on that.

We just had the Time Warner Service Guy up the other day to upgrade some of our services and once again I ask him about using a Dial Up device on the digital phone line. He told me no it still doesn't support it.

But that's OK as I can use AHP with it's plugin's to configure a security system the way I want. The only thing it won't do that you can do with the 7000 is dial out.

Thanks for your reply.
Till Later,
Bob

Jsnlong

• XKAR
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 05:19:16 PM »

So any other readers out there use the ds7000 system with Cable? I remember someone here saying they had it working with Time Warner... but don't remember who and can't find the post....

Try calling your cable provider and ask to set up your line for a fax/phone line(data line). I have time Warner and use a fax machine and it dials out with a modem. but if I remember (few years ago) When I set up the second line I had to tell them it was for a Fax but still works as a normal phone line. Some said you are limited to minutes on a data line but I was never charged any for it.

Here are a few other post on the same topic..some got it to work
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=14703.0

This one mentioned the Charter cable and not working? So maybe it is Charter cable that makes it not work.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=17167.0

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

dlboltond

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 10:20:05 PM »

To add to the difficulty.  I can dial out with a modem with no problem.  I even tried to add a few extra numbers to act as a pause, but I still get the error that "too few numbers were dialed",  Any ideas or suggestions or do I have to live with it?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.