Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DS7000 and AHP  (Read 3525 times)

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
DS7000 and AHP
« on: February 26, 2009, 05:58:23 PM »

How do I get my DS7000 into AHP? I know I can go under "Security" in the modules and pick it and put it in a room. But with all the other security devices (W/D Sensors,Motion Detectors,Keychain Remotes,etc.)  I get a "INSTALL" option, but I don't get that option with the DS7000. If I look under my "Reports" I see it in there with a House and Unit Code.

Am I missing something or is this it to installing it? Also I have tried to make a macro that would "ARM" it at a certain time (in case we forget to when we leave). I read somewhere on X10's sales page that you can do this.... Is this possible?
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........

BaBaLou.

Re: DS7000 and AHP
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 08:33:10 PM »

Hi Kramer Chins,
When you place the icon for the DS700 console in AHP nothing really happens with it but only the identification of the house code it will be using. You can easily ARM the unit using a macro.

First, Create a Macro with any of the Arm option in it so as to arm the unit and add any other action you want the macro to carry out.
You will then need the console to recognise the action of the macro.
So, set the switch on the DS7000 to install and then mouse click your macro in AHP and you will hear the console ding once just like when you registered any sensors or remotes and that will confirm it has recognised the macro action.
Return the switch to run 1 or 2 and test the macro with a short timer and watch the action in your activity monitor to help understand what is occurring.
The action is the same as any communication AHP does to any modules, so be aware of phase issues as well as noise problems that could or would interfere with the action being carried out correctly.
Another thing is to be carfull if a situation of a door or window is left open and then the action of arming will not be completed.
Good luck.

Kramer Chins

• Kramer Chins
Re: DS7000 and AHP
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 09:24:25 PM »

Thanks BaBaLou  >! .......

I had it all done except setting the Control Console to Install
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.