Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Audio/video sender interferes with wireless PC  (Read 2108 times)

occra-dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Audio/video sender interferes with wireless PC
« on: March 03, 2009, 10:59:32 PM »

I installed the Audio/Video Sender and receiver to get cable TV to another TV in the house and it worked great.  Of course it took a while to get it installed and the antennas "pointed" correctly but it is worth the money.

My problem is we have a home wireless LAN and my wifes computer is in the same room as the TV sender.  She can never get connected to the internet unless we unconnect the X10 equipment.

I tried to just switch it all off but it still interferes with her PC until I actually pull the plug out of the wall.

We have another sender X10 connected to the TV in my room where my pc is and when it is connected, it also blocks the signal from my wireless router to her PC.

Both x10's have to be unplugged to enable her PC to connect to the Internet.

Anyone have an idea as to how I can successfully block the X10 audio/video senders from interfereing with the wireless computer connection?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Audio/video sender interferes with wireless PC
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 11:09:18 PM »

Anyone have an idea as to how I can successfully block the X10 audio/video senders from interfereing with the wireless computer connection?

The sender/receiver units have four channels A-D... you could try changing channels. HOWEVER... you could also try logging into you wireless router... my wireless router has twelve (selectable) channels and I type this from my wireless laptop... it plays fine with my sender/receivers. You should fine it easy to use both.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.