Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Remote access to wired camera  (Read 15843 times)

phisig74

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Remote access to wired camera
« on: March 04, 2009, 11:12:46 AM »

I'm a noobie with a few questions about camera set up and monitoring.
I'm wishing to access a remote dial-up connected computer in our vacation home to monitor house temperature via a thermometer which the Anaconda wired camera will be focused upon.

From what I can read on this forum, I will need the freeware AutoDialer and Logmein to access our dial-up connected computer at the vacation house.
I'm also reading I'll need to access the vacation house computer via Logmein and use AutoDialer to have this remote computer connect to the internet to view the image from the Anaconda camera set up. Does this sound correct?

Also, I have no monitor with the two required RCA plugs to connect the Anaconda camera.  How can I wire this camera directly to the vacation house PC and get an image on my home monitor?
Thanks in advance.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Remote access to wired camera
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 11:38:28 AM »

Removed your other two identical posts.

Repeated posts do not get answered quicker.

TrinityEB

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 11:29:08 AM »

Also, I have no monitor with the two required RCA plugs to connect the Anaconda camera.  How can I wire this camera directly to the vacation house PC and get an image on my home monitor?

For the video portion (yellow RCA plug), you'll need a box to convert the composite video signal to a computer (i.e. RGB) signal.  Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Console-Converter-monitor-1L9/dp/B000V58F9M/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1236612111&sr=8-1

I assume the other RCA plug coming from the camera is for audio.  You'll need to find an RCA --> 1/8" mini plug adapter... This would plug into the microphone or aux sound input on your PC.

phisig74

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 01:49:47 PM »

Thanks for the reply, Trinity.
Is the video to RGB box the same as the X10 VA11A box?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 02:36:02 PM »

A simple VA11A will convert your RCA to USB!
Note: Apearently it won't work with Vista yet
Doing a quick search on e-bay leads me to think  ::) everyone on this planet has gone nuts $90! ::) :' Man I only paided $20
Maybe because X10 seems to only sell the VA12A now but even that isn't $90!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

astrothug

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 07:44:46 PM »

I got the VA12A usb analog to Digital and then bought a EasyCAP 4-Channel 4-Input USB 2.0 DVR Video Capture/Surveillance Dongle for only $12.00 from http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11127. got a good deal.. looking at getting some wired x10 camera's over the next few months. I will go with 3 party software for my surveillance. I really like webcam xp http://www.webcamxp.com/home.aspx.

anyways take a look at the Easycap usb cant beat that price....

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.