Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Had 2 install problems  (Read 11062 times)

Dave2

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Had 2 install problems
« on: March 28, 2009, 12:02:40 AM »

After installing the system to send video from floor level (sat receiver) to my workshop TV in the basement, the basement TV had a lot of noise. I turned off the cordless phone, the wireless router, intercom, floresent lights, tried all four channels. Nothing helped. I then tried reversing the setup, moving the sat receiver to the basement and sending to the TV upstairs. Turned all above back on and the problem was solved. Darned if I know why!

Next I discovered my wireless router no longer was working. The TV transmitter is aimed right at the router located on the second floor. I changed the transmit channel on the router from channel 3 to channel 11. All is well!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 12:29:40 AM by Dave2 »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Had 2 install problems
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 12:43:01 AM »

.... I then tried reversing the setup, moving the sat receiver to the basement and sending to the TV upstairs.

I send from my basement up... here is a 14 sec video clip from my home theater sent upstairs using the video sender/reciever.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Had 2 install problems
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 06:16:07 AM »

Yes wireless routers can mess up the signals. We frequently tell users to try a different channel on the router. Many times they have a larger range of channels to try over the X10s four.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.