Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: vt37a does not send clear signal  (Read 17940 times)

raster69273

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
vt37a does not send clear signal
« on: March 05, 2009, 01:22:56 PM »

my video sender VT37A sends a very blurry picture to my TV. I have it set to channel D as my cameras are on channel A.
It seems as if the signal is slightly off frequency. Is this possible or is there a way to fine tune the signal? I have already tried moving the sender away from the PC and UNPLUGGING everything except the PC and the TV and of course the Transceiver and receiver. PLEASE HELP

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
Re: vt37a does not send clear signal
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 01:51:32 PM »

Your cameras and receiver both need to be on the same channel....
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 04:37:35 PM »

If you also have more than one. The addressable power supplies also all have to be on the same House Code and Unit codes in groups of 4 1-4;5-8;9-12 and 13-16. The House Code on the supplies is not the A-D transmit frequency channel that Kramer told you about.

raster69273

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 04:46:50 PM »

Sorry if i didn't be clear enough.
My cameras work great. clear pictures and all. My VT37a which attaches to the computer does not send clear pics. house code does not matter unless trying to remotely turn cameras on or off. My issue is NOT with cameras. It is with sending clear PC signal. I've tried different resolutions and color settings. still the same. VERY blurry with a lot of interference. EXACTLY like the tuner is out of frequency. I'm sure it just needs to be tweaked a bit and was hoping someone already knew how. If not, I'll figure out how and then we'll all know.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 06:23:59 PM »

Thank you for the added data.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 06:43:51 PM »

my video sender VT37A sends a very blurry picture to my TV. I have it set to channel D as my cameras are on channel A.

Try another channel... ether "B" or "C".. I mayself have good luck with "D" and "C" but not so much with "A".
Home Automation is an always changing technology

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 08:19:32 AM »

Did you try the focus ring on the cameras? You said that the cameras have a clear picture? On what?  The tv or the computer?

I'm with Kramer on this one sounds like the frequency switches are off. Check the switch under the cameras rubber plug.  Then check the switch on the bottom of the receiver.  As Kramer said make sure they are both the same.

Try putting the antenna flat, parallel to the ground, some users have found this to work. 

Or maybe I misunderstood the whole question?

Do you have any cordless phones and/or a wireless network router that runs at  2.4 mhz?  Or is the microwave running?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 08:31:22 AM by hawk1 »
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

raster69273

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 10:35:20 AM »

Please forget about the cameras. They work fine on channel A with their own receiver. They use a VR42A to the TV and a VR36A to the PC. No problems with that. The PC to TV system uses a VT37A to transmit and a VR38A stereo audio video receiver.  The VR38A will receive camera picture on channel A OK but wont receive the PC signal clearly on any channel. The VR42A and the VR36A same thing, cameras clear and crisp audio from the VR42A and clear picture from the VR36A (Video only) on ALL channels. The VT47A will not be clear or crisp from any receiver on any channel. The VT47A is 2 1/2 feet from the PC monitor which uses an ATI video card. There must be a potentiometer adjusted incorrectly.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.