Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: X10, I've noticed  (Read 66151 times)

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
X10, I've noticed
« on: March 05, 2009, 07:04:34 PM »

Dear Friends at X10,
I have noticed your efforts to tone down the racy daily emails.  While I don't think you have toned them down enough,  I applaud your efforts.  Please keep working on the situation.
 #:)
Knightrider
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: X10, I've noticed
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 07:44:40 PM »

I have noticed your efforts to tone down the racy daily emails. 

While I hadn't noticed... it would be nice.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 09:11:58 PM »

Dear Friends at X10,
I have noticed your efforts to tone down the racy daily emails.  While I don't think you have toned them down enough,  I applaud your efforts.  Please keep working on the situation.
 #:)
Knightrider

Was just discussing that with the wife earlier today... Some improvement, but still needs more! But never the less it's still an effort..
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 07:44:19 PM »

It appears that I spoke too soon.  Just got the daily junk mailer from yesterday.  ON EASTER no less, same trashy women.  X10 have you no shame?
Sorry to rehash this SSDD thing, but come on!  Not very professional.   >*<
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Kramer Chins

• Kramer Chins
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 08:01:23 PM »

It appears that I spoke too soon.  Just got the daily junk mailer from yesterday.  ON EASTER no less, same trashy women.  X10 have you no shame?
Sorry to rehash this SSDD thing, but come on!  Not very professional.   >*<

:' Got the same email here.....  B:(

:-\ If you look at pics of the web design team you'll know why

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 10:54:08 PM »

Which is why I never subscribed to e-mails from X10.  Less junk in my Inbox.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 12:54:32 PM »

Do they appear to be old enough to be out of high school?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Kramer Chins

• Kramer Chins
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 05:05:22 PM »

Do they appear to be old enough to be out of high school?

rofl rofl rofl

crowntown

• Helpful Post Rating: -5
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 11:26:20 PM »

"The previous content of this post violated the posted X10 General Forum User Etiquette policy and has been removed" 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 04:03:13 PM by Puck »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 11:45:25 PM »

"The previous content of this post violated the posted X10 General Forum User Etiquette policy and has been removed" 

There isnt a good reason for this post!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 04:03:34 PM by Puck »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 11:57:10 PM »

I'm only going to respond to your comments once cause you seem to turn alittle rude in your replies.

Its a level of respect.  If you want to put a pic of a nice looking woman to sale something fine but really don't need to see butt cheeks and breast uncovered all but the nipple.  You say you never ran into a group of guys who care that much... I say I have a high level of respect to any guy who speaks up about this issue against it. It show that they don't need to conform to a guy stereo type and they don't care what other men think of them for it.

There is a place for that kinda of stuff and on a home automation page its not. I mean if I put that kinda of stuff on my company website to sale industrial automation it wouldn't fly. I bet it would have to be taken down cause the woman at the company would find it harassment and there are laws about that.

Hang one of those pics in the office where you work and see how long they last  rofl if your married ask your wife if she would be upset at a site that stoops that low to sale things to you.

I don't go there no more cause I think its disrespectful to woman and to my wife. I also find it disrespectful to me that they think I'm that immature that I would buy more stuff cause I seen a butt.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 04:03:58 PM by Puck »
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 01:48:23 AM »

There are plenty of places that I can go to see these types of pictures and even more relieving ones for that matter. My objection to them on the X10 site is not becuase I have any "issues with the opposite sex" that require "therapy sessions" or that I have any problem looking at the pictures myself. I simply feel they are not a good marketing approach for the general American public. Also I assure you, X10, and any one else that cares that none of my automation needs will ever be decided based on pictures of women. I'm much more interested in MTBF statistics and how well a given product fits my needs.

...I also find it disrespectful to me that they think I'm that immature that I would buy more stuff cause I seen a butt.
That pretty much sums it up for me also.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 04:04:31 PM by Puck »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

crowntown

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 12:15:25 PM »

Is anyone here in marketing or market research?  I don't watch TV but once in a while I am exposed to it for a few minutes here and there.  In my experience I'd say that x10.com is quite mild compared to the sexual nature and sexual innuendo in prime-time tv. 

Now maybe pretty girls don't work on some of you but it's a known fact that sex-sells, whether directly or indirectly.  Anyone in marketing can tell you that. 

I find it odd that this subject is discussed so much here.  I just don't get it I guess.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 01:31:51 PM »

...it's a known fact that sex-sells, whether directly or indirectly...
While that may be true for many products and perhaps a portion of X10's customers, I stand by my original statement that none of my automation needs will ever be decided based on pictures of women or men should they ever decide to use male models. I consider myself mature enough to make my automation decisions based on the merits of the product and prefer to see product facts rather than a model's scantly clad body.

I also believe there is a line between subtle use of sex to sell a product and excessive levels. The acceptable level of sexual use in an ad is dependent on your target market. i.e. X10's lingerie ad marketing might be more acceptable to say the European market. I do not believe it is appropriate for the general American market.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

crowntown

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 01:46:42 PM »

I agree that it wouldn't affect my purchase decision either.  Price is all that matters to me.  Because of that factor, I've bought most of my x10 stuff other places.

I did recently buy a "scratch and dent" AHP package and was very pleased.  Came in the original box, with the manual and USB cable.  The only thing I could determine that made it a "scratch and dent' was you could shake it and hear something loose rattling around.  I figured it was some solder splatter but when I opened it up it was just a tiny piece of white plastic.  Otherwise there wasn't a thing wrong with it or a scratch on it.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.