Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Anyone want to buy my "security system "

Buy for reasonable price
- 1 (100%)
Buyer beware
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: After Purchase Issue  (Read 4939 times)

Service After Sale Issue

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
After Purchase Issue
« on: October 31, 2011, 05:51:56 PM »

I purchased over $500.00 in products from X10 ( full home alarm system to include Active Home Pro etc. )
The purchase was seamless. The products arrived in a timely fashion.
However the quality of the equipment ( door sensors, motion detectors etc ) is not equal to the quality I'm accustomed too, thru ADP.

I accepted that and have continued to work with the obvious deficiencies ( the alarm chimes so low, if the door to the room where it is kept is closed, it will be hard to hear it ).

Upon " attempting " to set up the software for the iWatch Mobile Pro,
The software would not open properly after installation. I contacted the support help desk, via phone because I thought it would be a quick fix.

I called on 31 Oct 2011 at approx 5:00pm EST ( in the event management wants to speak with the employee) this lady was the rudest person I've encountered in a very long time.
She asked me, before I could even say hello, why didn't you use the email chat ! Then she proceeded to speak to me in a very stern / scolding tone, directing me to follow her instructions.
When I made a mistake in following the scolding, she said " that's not what I told you anyway " !
After about 10 minutes of this bashing, I made a mistake and responded to one of her instructions and said " I didnt her you clearly, can you repeat " she abruptly hung up the phone !
I called back, I'm still on-hold as I type this message. It's been 45 minutes an my $500.00 system still is not set up !

I plan go return EVERYTHING and just go back with a monitored service, I will just pay the extra money per month to avoid the drama.

If I can't return it, I'm sure they have some type of obstacle that will prevent returns...I will sell the $500.00 package for a very reasonable amount, most equipment still in it's original packaging.

Twillis600@gmail.com

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: After Purchase Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 08:17:49 PM »

I purchased over $500.00 in products from X10 ( full home alarm system to include Active Home Pro etc. )
The purchase was seamless. The products arrived in a timely fashion.
However the quality of the equipment ( door sensors, motion detectors etc ) is not equal to the quality I'm accustomed too, thru ADP.
Yes but from a cost standpoint you are comparing apples and oranges to compare to ADT.
Unfortunately you are not the first to say the customer service representatives are from a pool of retired IRS auditors to whom food has been withheld.
FWIW
What ever problems you are having are probably fixable with some massaging at your end. This stuff is NOT "Plug-N-Play". There are plenty of knowledgable volunteers on this forum that can help you, excepting perhaps fixing the low volume chime.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

B.A.

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 06:37:13 AM »

I plan go return EVERYTHING and just go back with a monitored service, I will just pay the extra money per month to avoid the drama.

There are other non monitored systems out there besides X10.
I like my X10 automation set up and have never really had any problems with it that I couldn't resolve, but after doing some research
and seeing what I have in this forum, I would NEVER buy an X10 alarm system. I'm sure some here are happy with it, but that's just my opinion.

William8

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 07:58:57 AM »

I've never had any problems with my alarm system in over 8 years, other than 1 lamp mudule failing, very happy with it.

Though I don't use any software, and it sounds like that's where he is having the issue.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.