Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: MONITORED House Code (CONFUSED ??)  (Read 43530 times)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: MONITORED House Code (CONFUSED ??)
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 12:59:03 PM »

Yes, it is offensive if you are referring to a person, but post was not.  I think "crippled" does accurately describe the CM15A with its limited memory.

Having a home automation controller that can only track the status of 16 out of a possiblity of 256 controlled devices, is impaired and IMO, flawed.  It means you can only use Conditionals for 1/16th of it's total capacity, and your system must be planned, from the begining, around that fact...or use work-arounds that further limit it's capacity. It's main saving grace is it's cost. 

cripple  Pronunciation [krip-uhl]  noun, verb, -pled, -pling, adjective
–noun
1. Sometimes Offensive. a. a person or animal that is partially or totally unable to use one or more limbs; a lame or disabled person or animal.
b. a person who is disabled or impaired in any way: a mental cripple. 

2. anything that is impaired or flawed.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 01:34:06 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 01:20:15 PM »

impaired or flawed.

I stand behind my posts

The actual point I was trying to make was that the nature of home automation.. is cutting edge. There cannot be a product introduced that will meet expectations... as expectations are a dynamic requirement. As can be seen throughout the forum (and all other HA forums) the key to great HA isn't new products.. but creative uses of current technologies. Name calling.. is non-productive.

It would be great to have an interface with the processing power of just even an old P4 wouldn't it? Like users wouldn't complain about how old, and crippled those crappy old primitive non-dual-core processors were.

It's silly! We need to be better innovators of the technology... not better complainers.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 01:31:12 PM »

You know what would be neat.
If the next generation of usb adapter (CM15a like) had oh maybe flash ram like a camera or phone that one could upgrade. And monitor all house codes.

And two way sync like an ipod would be smart.

-:)
Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.