Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: AHP cannot fully Communicate to CM15A  (Read 12543 times)

MANOWAR©

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Your new messiah's me.
Re: AHP cannot fully Communicate to CM15A
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 05:04:24 PM »

Same results. It just closes down without updating.
Lesbians killed the mullet for everyone.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 06:54:46 PM »

I suspect you had a corrupted version of 3.236 some of the files may not have "downgraded".  My suggestion, first back up any .ahx files you have to backup drive or flash disk.  That, BTW, should be SOP in regular AHP use.  Second, uninstall AHP and after the uninstall of it, delete all folders dealing with AHP/X10 (in Program Files and Program Files/Common Files. Then reboot the PC.

When it has been rebooted and at the desktop, reinstall 3.204 again. Reboot if it wants you to.  Once Windows and AHP are happy, open AHP and see if you can upgrade to 3.228.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Briandotnet

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2009, 10:48:11 PM »

I have the issue at the top of this thread where I cant seem to update the CM15A.  I have unplugged it and removed the batteries with same results. AHP is at version 3.228 which from what I am reading seems to be the best last version.  Also none of my security modules are reporting there status back to AHP which I am thinking is related.   Any way to troubleshoot this?

MANOWAR©

• Your new messiah's me.
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009, 11:57:27 PM »

I have the issue at the top of this thread where I cant seem to update the CM15A.  I have unplugged it and removed the batteries with same results. AHP is at version 3.228 which from what I am reading seems to be the best last version.  Also none of my security modules are reporting there status back to AHP which I am thinking is related.   Any way to troubleshoot this?

I fixed that by copying my .AHX file to somewhere safe as a back up and uninstalling the program. Deleting all the folders and cleaning the registry then rebooting and reloading the program again. Put in my registration numbers and then putting my .AHX file back in and opening it and clearing the interface then downloading to it.

Briandotnet

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2009, 01:12:37 AM »

I fixed that by copying my .AHX file to somewhere safe as a back up and uninstalling the program. Deleting all the folders and cleaning the registry then rebooting and reloading the program again. Put in my registration numbers and then putting my .AHX file back in and opening it and clearing the interface then downloading to it.
[/quote]

Crap thats a lot of work.  So the uninstal is not clean, that sucks.  Thanks guess I will just not use it till I fell like dealing with it.  Thanks though, have a great weekend.

MANOWAR©

• Your new messiah's me.
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 10:11:31 AM »

It's not that hard!!  ;D If you're using XP here is the folders you need to check/delete AFTER you save your good .ahx file.

C:\Program Files\ActiveHome Pro
C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\X10 Settings
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Active Home Professional

for the registry stuff go Start,Run, regedit and it will open up the registry editor. BE VERY CAREFUL USING THIS!!
Open the Edit tab and select Find (Ctrl +F) and type in ActiveHome and it will find all the instances of it in your registry. Delete the stuff it brings up and hit F3 to find the next instance until it's done. READ WHAT IT IS SHOWING YOU. If it's not obviously AHP stuff leave it there. You can do a 2nd search for X10 as well.

Reboot and reinstall and you should be good to go. If you're worried about the registry stuff then just do the folders and reboot and it may work.

Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.