Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Arm/Disarm indicator  (Read 11025 times)

gadget_guy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Arm/Disarm indicator
« on: December 13, 2009, 09:08:02 PM »

I'm trying to create a macro that will turn on a light when the alarm system is enabled and turn off the light when the system is disabled.  Using a KR10A keychain remote I created a macro that turns the light on properly at arm.  However I cannot get the light to turn off when I disarm the system.  Looking at the activity monitor, I get "System Armed - Away" whether I press the arm or disarm buttons on the keychain remote.  The alarm system itself is functioning properly.  Any ideas on what's happening and how I can write the macro to turn off the light?

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: Arm/Disarm indicator
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 09:34:12 PM »

Assuming you have a "Disarm" macro, make sure you have the Keychain Remote selected as the "Trigger" and "Disarm" selected.  This should get the proper indication on the Activity Screen.  As for the light OFF put a 1-2 second delay in the macro before the light command.

gadget_guy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 01:25:40 PM »

It's looking like when I press Disarm on the keychain remote, AHP is reporting an Arm command.  Not sure if the problem is with the keychain remote or AHP.  I did create teh same macro using the regular remote and it works perfectly.  Since the keychain remote works perfectly witht eh console, I'm guessing there is a bug in AHP and I need to find a workaround.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 02:40:47 PM »

Try reinstalling the keychain remote in OnAlert.  I'm grasping at straws here, I admit.  If it works in "Arm", no reason it shouldn't work in "Disarm"..................but some times removing a module (or a timer) and then re-entering the whole business corrects problems.  (Corrupted file, maybe)

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 09:52:18 AM »

Sorry I don't have time to go in-depth - try searching for On-Alert & 2.236

OnAlert 3.236 doesn't correctly interpret the KR10A's RF, 3.228 does.  The VA12A only works with 3.236.

You can't  have the Hi-Def video and On-Alert on the same PC.

PJ
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.