Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DS10A does not register with ActiveHome Pro!?!? Help!  (Read 36166 times)

Vorth

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
DS10A does not register with ActiveHome Pro!?!? Help!
« on: March 16, 2009, 11:05:41 PM »

As I recently expanded my X10 hardware to include security pieces, DX7000, MS10A, SH624, KR10A, and DS10A. Everything works great with my ActiveHome Pro and OnAlert Plug-ins except the DS10A modules do not register with ActiveHome Pro.  The SH624, KR10A and MS10A all register correctly, when I click install, they register correctly with the DX7000.  However only the DS10A does not register with ActiveHome Pro.

Any help here would be appreciated!!

Thanks
    Jeff

BVD

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
Re: DS10A does not register with ActiveHome Pro!?!? Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 08:36:45 AM »

Hi Jeff,
I'm not sure what you are saying when you say the DS10A does not register with Active Home Pro. You must install it in Active Home Pro.

To do this go to the room where you want the DS10A. From the module types choose security. Drag the DS10A into your room. Give the DS10A a name such as Front Door. It should have a Large INSTALL across the module. Click on the module. It should say waiting for a signal. Also the check box should be checked that says this module is part of a security system. Now go to the door or window that has this module installed on it and trigger it by opening the door or window or press the test button on the module. The screen should then say that the module is installed. Click OK. The module should no longer have the large Install across the module.

Now if you open the door or window that has it installed on you should see the contacts on the DS10A separate on your screen and when you close the door or window the contacts should show back together.

Keep in mind that the DS10A is not directly addressable like other modules. You will see it in macros when you tell the macro to use security as the trigger. There will be a drop down box listing all the security devices by name i.e. Front Door and not A-P,1-16 addresses.

Hope this helps you.

Till Later,
Bob

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 09:02:11 AM »

In addition to BVD's good explanation.
It is best to set the DS10A in AHP and with the DS7000 before you mount to make sure it does indeed work.
Also if you have any security motion sensors between where the DS10A is and you PC make sure you cover them before trying to set up the DS10A. As AHP will see signals from these or any other Security device activated between the time you tell AHP about the module and when you press the test button. If it sees another signal it will try to set the DS10A to that and if already used will tell you so.
If a signal from another device is not configured in AHP and AHP sees it,it will use that one and your system will not function correctly!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Vorth

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 09:47:42 AM »

Sorry BVD/Tuiceman I should have been clearer.  I have followed the steps BVD exactly and the Security Module Configuration window never changes from "Waiting for Signal" to "Configuration Complete!"  like it does when I setup a Motion Sensor, or Key Chain Remote or the Security Remote.  This only happens on the Window/Door sensors.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 10:00:50 AM »

Vorth
Does the DS7000 see the signals from the Door/window sensors?
And (this should have been asked first) what version of AHP are you running?
I never had a Issue with adding a DS10A in 3.236 but there are security related bugs with that version.
You May wish to revert to 3.204 then update to 3.228!
instructions on where to find the file and how to can be found in thread New AHP Version 3.236
Also a corrupt AHX file can cause all kinds of faults and strange behaviour!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Vorth

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 10:32:11 AM »

Yes the Window/Door sensors work fine on the DS7000,  open/close sends the signals everytime.

AHP 3.228 is what I am running.  Don't think I have a corrupt AHX file.  Everything else is working correctly. 

I'll goto the thread on 3.236 and try that out.  Will let you know.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 11:35:22 AM »

Don't think I have a corrupt AHX file.  Everything else is working correctly. 
There is a simple way to test that thought!
Go to File then click New and try to add the DS1OAs in the new AHX file!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Vorth

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 11:36:24 AM »

I upgraded to 2.236, I'm getting the same behavior.  

Should I go back to 3.228  or stay on 2.236?

Will try that on the corrupt AHX file thanks!

Vorth

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 11:39:19 AM »

Tried the new AHX file same thing.  Tried the Window/Door sensor first no luck,  then added my key chain remote with no problem.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 12:24:55 PM »

Are your door/window sensors mounted? If so, have you tried registering one within a couple feet of the CM15A (maybe just holding it in your hand)? The antenna on the CM15A is very poorly designed and has serious reception issues.

Also, make sure no motion sensors can be activated when you try so that you don't get a corrupted RF signal.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 12:44:26 PM »

Vorth
If your running vista or not experiencing any other problems then stay with the 3.326 other wise revert back.
Your issue with the DS10As is most likely a RF range or interference issue.
If you have a spare DS10A try to activate it as Puck suggested that will confirm a range or interference issue!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Vorth

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 01:53:26 PM »

Yup it's a range issue.  Thanks all of you for helping me figure that out.

Is there any kind of repeater or extender device I can get to help extend the distance of this signal?

Vorth

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 02:03:18 PM »

B:(  I just went through all the window/door sensors.  All 7 out of 8 are configuring with AHP 2.236, which none of them did with AHP 2.228. However the closest sensor is failing to configure.  Anyone have any suggestions on possible things that could interfer with the signal?  Going to try to replace this one and see what happens.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 02:26:13 PM »

...Anyone have any suggestions on possible things that could interfer with the signal? 

Generally anything that can reduce (or ground) a radio signal. Metal objects are the first thing to come to mind (for good reason). These can include (but not limited to) metal doors, metal window frames. duct work, plumbing, wiring, appliances, and... metal lathe used in walls to adhere the plaster to.

Going to try to replace this one and see what happens.

Sometimes thats all it takes. JeffVolp has also shared some awesome info on passive antennas that may be helpful. Jeff has a great trouble shooting guide at his Web Site.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 09:54:02 PM by JeffVolp »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

rnorton888

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2009, 03:22:05 PM »

I have been using the DX7000 with no problem for a couple months. I just read through the replies above and did everything it they said to do after my security unit stoped working like it should.
I only have two things setup right now door sensor and motion sensor. Both contact the DX7000 if I open the door or walk in front of the motion detector. The system knows gets the signal. But if I try to security module config with APH it does not come up with the config complete. I even started a new config with nothing but the DC7000 and ms10a and D's10a.
I thought OK  I messed it up as I had a larger antenna on my DX7000 so I purchased another one and put the two modules into it and if I open the door etc the unit Bing's so I know it gets the RF but the APH will not let me install it. I am at a lost. Any other ideas.
Thanks
Randy
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.