Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Moving Cameras With Vanguard  (Read 14207 times)

bernsports

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Moving Cameras With Vanguard
« on: March 18, 2009, 01:20:58 PM »

First off, let me say I have found these forums very helpful since purchasing our equipment from X10.  I have found most of my answers by browsing these forums but now, I am currently stuck with an issue that I haven't been able to figure out.  Here's what I have set up and let me know if more information is needed.

We have 2 of the Sentinel PTZ cameras set up and they are wired in.  We also have 2 stationary indoor cameras.  They are all routed into a quad-multiplexer and then plug into the computer.  I have the Vanguard system to monitor everything at the office and remotely from home.  Everything is seems to be working fine as I can view the 4 cameras from home and at work.

Here's what I haven't been able to do, I can not move the Sentinel cameras with Vanguard as far as panning around, zooming, or moving it to a desired locations.  When I'm at the office, I can only move the 2 cameras with the remote control.  I have them set as C1 & C2 on the remot and I have all the camera setting in place with Vanguard too.  Like I said, the remotes will move them, but not through Vanguard.  Would the Multi-plexer have something to do with it?  Or is it a setting in Vanguard that I have missed?  Any insight would be greatly appreciated and if more information is needed, just let me know.

Thanks,
Bernard

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Moving Cameras With Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 01:47:31 PM »

bernsports
You need the CM19A (USB FireCracker) or the CM15A pluged into the PC
It will send the RF from the PC to your cameras!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bernsports

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 02:14:25 PM »

bernsports
You need the CM19A (USB FireCracker) or the CM15A pluged into the PC
It will send the RF from the PC to your cameras!
 >!

Yea, I do have that plugged into the USB port right next to the USB that is converting the video to the computer.  Let me check into that a bit more to make sure the computer is recognizing the CM19A.  It should be a plug & play with the CM19A, right?  Or do I need to turn something on?

bernsports

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 02:23:35 PM »

One other thing, the cameras I have set up are wired, so I set the switch on the cameras to "transmit disabled".  Is that setting going interfere with the USB FireCracker, or is that completely different?

Thanks for the quick reply earlier,
Bernard

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 04:01:07 PM »

That setting is different.
The cams will be receiving RF to move and such!  ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bernsports

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 11:24:32 PM »

Ok, Thanks!  It looks like I need to do some checking with Firecracker and make sure it is working.  I may try moving to a different USB port.

Thanks again,
Bernard

bernsports

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 06:58:50 PM »

Let's see now:  I purchased a 10ft. USB extension and I now have the Firecracker receiver up on the wall and pretty far away from the computer.  I checked the USB ports and they are working as I have switched them around.  I've gotten a bit further along as now when I hit the pan, tilt, or zoom the little red light on the mini receiver comes on so it seems to be getting the signal from Vanguard to move things, but the cameras still don't move.  I'm going to recheck the naming and channels of the 2 cameras, but they seem to be correct and I can still control them with the hand held remote.  I have also set up a couple of simple pre-set routes with the cameras but they don't function either.  One last thing, when I plugged in the FireCracker into the USB port, it did an automatic install and said it was installed correctly so I assume Vanguard is now recognizing it.  Any other suggestions out there?

Thanks,
Bernard

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.