Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: taking snap shots only when alarm is on  (Read 2061 times)

astrothug

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
taking snap shots only when alarm is on
« on: March 22, 2009, 03:56:13 PM »

So I have my AHP gateway to email me a photos when there is motion. but I don't want to do it every few sec when the motion detection has been activated, when the house is unarmed, I want it too work when the system is armed and not unarmed.

I hope that makes sense. my mailbox fills up fast with all the photos it takes. 
I tried with macro's but Im unsure what to do..

thanks

David

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
Re: taking snap shots only when alarm is on
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 04:50:15 PM »

So I have my AHP gateway to email me a photos when there is motion. but I don't want to do it every few sec when the motion detection has been activated, when the house is unarmed, I want it too work when the system is armed and not unarmed.

I hope that makes sense. my mailbox fills up fast with all the photos it takes. 
I tried with macro's but Im unsure what to do..

thanks

David

First off you can go into your setting and adjust how often you want a snap shot taken. Default is every 5 seconds.

Not sure how to set it that it will only take pictures when the DS7000 is "Armed" not sure if it can even be done? I'm sure there is someone on here that will be able to answer that one... But you can make a "Phantom" Switch for your Macro and set it on timer. Then have your conditions in the Macro to only run when the "Phantom" Switch is on.
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.