Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New RF Icon Remote! [ Just released ]  (Read 45056 times)

jtykal

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • It was working fine yesterday...
    • Casa Bella - Vacation Condo in Fort Myers, FL
Re: New RF Icon Remote! [ Just released ]
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 02:41:32 PM »

You didn't mention which cable vendor you use, but be aware that this remote does not work with AT&T U-verse. We've been told that a hardware update is required to make this happen -- can't be fixed with firmware, and codes cannot be "learned" from the U-verse remote. Also, some other beta users have reported that the remote does not work with Dish Network, nor does it have codes for newer devices like Blu-ray players.
Other than that, I would say that this remote pretty much does what it says it does. It's big and boxy -- most navigation will require two hands -- and the buttons do not have back-lighting (although the screen is bright enough to illuminate the entire room, so maybe back-lighting isn't that important  :D )
AHP-CM15A(ext.ant)-SmartMacros-OnAlert-DoorMonitor(custom)-Win7

x10dude

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 02:57:58 PM »

Thanks jtykal,

I have Comcast with a Motorola cable box and an AT&T 200c remote. All my other devices are relatively old (in technology terms), but I do plan on getting an HDTV (just waiting for the right price.) My audio system is Sony (tuner, amp, 5-CD, cassette) while my primary DVD is an APEX (with karaoke), and the second is Pioneer. The projection TV is Toshiba.

As for the lighting on the remote, does that mean that it goes through batteries relatively quickly? I once had a universal remote with an LCD screen (b&w) instead of buttons, whose batteries (didn't take rechargeables) lasted a couple of weeks - whether the remote was in use or not. I ended up tossing it.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 03:58:19 PM »

x10dude
Other then not working with AT&T U-verse as  jtykal stated. This new remote will work with most devices just using the codes stored in the remote but it is capable of learning for newer devices like Blueray DVD players if included codes don't work!
And instead of pressing multiple buttons on the remote to turn something on then go to channel 235 you can set it up so one button press will do that and the same button could turn on an other device and another.....
With the new updated driver X10 released it truly interfaces with Windows Media Center Almost like it was made special for it!
It truly out performs any previous X10 remote and you can trash them!
Batteries seem to last well or at least in my test unit. You can change how long the display stays on if that concerns you!
One word on the PC driver, it watches the house code address not the unit number and reports it as the code!
Thus P=16 and A=1.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.