Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Deactivate local control on a XPR-W Dual Receptacle?  (Read 9703 times)

KBradley

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Deactivate local control on a XPR-W Dual Receptacle?
« on: March 27, 2009, 09:17:18 AM »

I would like to disable local access on the XPR-W Dual Receptacle.  Wanted BOTH outlets to be X10 controlled, not one like on the SR227A.  I would like to make sure that someone can not simply turn on/off a device plugged into the outlet to overide the "off" signal and turn it on.  I only want it to be controlled by a proper X10 signal. 

I know there are instructions online for disabling the local control on an Appliance Module -
see: http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Local_Control_for_Lamp_And_Appliance_Modules

However, not sure if the board/layout on the XPR-W is the same???  I haven't opened up the switch back yet to look (just came in yesterday).  Has anyone tried this?  Note:  I don't want to do the "plug a night light into one of the receptacles trick" either.  Any ideas/experience with this????

xtenuser

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Deactivate local control on a XPR-W Dual Receptacle?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 06:29:59 PM »

However, not sure if the board/layout on the XPR-W is the same???  

Well I just opened one up and its very much NOT the same as the SR227 / Appliance Module - no where close.   B:(

BTW modified a number of SR227 / AM466 successfully using these instructions - which are more detailed than the ones you point to...
http://www.x10community.com/marko/2006/06/disabling_the_local_control_fe.html

Two stacked boards not one; and they are soldered together with the components each board facing inwards - so without getting out the soldering iron can't even start to look to see how different the boards are.   B:(

Did you ever manage to turn of local control?  Any experience to share! :'

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 06:49:25 PM by xtenuser »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Deactivate local control on a XPR-W Dual Receptacle?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 06:57:13 PM »

The new CFL friendly Appliance Modules are 100% different. So the modifications that work on older ones will not on the present models.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.