Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: camera switchin on it's own  (Read 28474 times)

gmanm1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
camera switchin on it's own
« on: March 27, 2009, 12:17:39 PM »

I have the four camera setup . 2 color 2 black and white. I have only setup 2 cameras. I have very good reception on both. It will not stay on camera a 1 . Always goes to the other by its self. I have changed power supplies tried different house codes , no luck. When I use the remote the camera on  a 2 is on 2 3 & 4. Camera on a 1 is only on 1 on the remote. This is driving me nuts. Anyone experienced this and have a solution please let me know.

gmanm1 B:(

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: camera switchin on it's own
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 12:43:52 PM »

Are you using any motion sensors and/or software to control the cameras?

gmanm1

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 12:55:02 PM »

I have one motion detector programmed for the a 1 camera. I have never gotten past this point because of trying to solve this problem. The motion detector will trigger the a 1 camera and vcr recording , but after a few minutes it switches to the camera on a 2. It does this every time and after the same amount of time.

gmanm1

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 01:02:50 PM »

All X10 motion sensors have a dusk/dawn signal. If the motion sensor is set to address A1, the dusk/dawn signal will send out On/OFF signals on address A2. Depending on the lighting conditions around your sensor, this will cause such a problem. Only the MS16A motion sensor can turn this feature off (other models need a physical mod).

If this is not the case here, have you tried changing the OFF delay of the motion sensor to see if that is causing the problem? The OFF signal however should only turn the camera A1 off; it should not be turning camera A2 on.

gmanm1

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 01:11:22 PM »

I have the ms14a. According to the directions all time sensing is the default.  I don't see that it could be the delay. I guess I will check it again to see if the dusk/dawn feature is active. Doesn't it seem strange that the a 1 camera only shows up on the first camera position on the remote , but the a 2 camera shows on the remaining three remote buttons. Could this be a bad transceiver?

gmanm1

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 01:35:40 PM »

I have the ms14a. According to the directions all time sensing is the default.

Don't get this confused with the dusk/dawn signal. The MS14A cannot turn the +1 signal off.

I don't see that it could be the delay.

It shouldn't be, but you stated that the switching occurs after the same elapse of time every time; so this would be my first suspect. See if changing the delay causes a change in the elapsed time for the switching.

Doesn't it seem strange that the a 1 camera only shows up on the first camera position on the remote , but the a 2 camera shows on the remaining three remote buttons.

I don't use a camera remote, so I cannot answer that question. But now I have to ask since you only mentioned the cameras being controlled by the motion sensor... are you using the remote when this problem happens?

Could this be a bad transceiver?

Not likely since the cameras are turning on & off.

gmanm1

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 01:43:16 PM »

It doesn't matter if I use the remote to select a 1 or the motion detector trips it it switches to camera a 2 after a certain amount of minutes. Since we have been talking about this I took down the motion sensor and put up a different one. The camera has not switched since.   

gmanm1

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 02:03:22 PM »

This is about a joke. It is doing the same thing again. Changed delay waits a little longer. What is a person supposed to do, just record at night when the camera can't see anything? Is there a motion detector that works differently than these that would solve the problem?

gmanm1

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 02:23:54 PM »

what software are you using? or are you just viewing on the tv?  If your using AHP then set your  motion sensors to a different house code than your cameras.

then setup macros for recording. example: motion sensor for cam 1 is m1, motion sensor for cam 2 is m3 (the reason to skip numbers is as Puck said, it fires unit code +1. sooo m1 will fire m1, m2)

cameras set to cam 1 is c1, cam 2 is c2, cam 3 is c3, cam 4 is c4 and so on.

then setup a macro with the trigger m1, select camera c1, record video, delay 1 min (or however long you want the recording to be), stop recording.

there are tons of information in these forums for cameras, motion sensors, recording.  Do a search and find a wealth of information.    hope this helps! ;)
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 03:52:47 PM »

gmanm1 didn't mention anything about using software control when first asked at the start.

However, for this to happen it makes one believe that somewhere software is involved:

It doesn't matter if I use the remote to select a 1 or the motion detector trips it it switches to camera a 2 after a certain amount of minutes.

But doesn't the camera remote have a built in scanning feature? But for both the remote & the MS14A to wait the same delay and then switch cameras, I can only think of software being able to cause this.

But this points us right back to the off delay time of the MS14A that is somehow turning camera A2 on:

It is doing the same thing again. Changed delay waits a little longer.

Unless of course there is an A1 OFF macro running somewhere.  ???

Also, if this is occuring now (daytime) then it is not likely the Dusk/Dawn +1 signal is the problem here.

Do you happen to have another motion sensor sitting around that you may be tripping that could be causing the switching?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 04:28:02 PM »

All four cameras in the same group? 1-4;5-8;9-12 or 13-16?
When one in a group is turned on the other three go off. So if you only have 2 installed now. Lets say Units 1-4. Turn on unit one; units two; three and four go off. If you turn two on; one; three and four go off. If you try units three or four; with only unit one and unit two installed. Both would go off.

What are you using to transceive the RF from the Remote and Motion sensor? TM751; RR501; CM15A?
Any phase coupler or X10 Repeater Coupler in the mix?

gmanm1

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 09:01:08 PM »

Sorry I was gone for a while. I am not using any software. I change from one camera to the other with the remote. It is the ninja compatible remote. The TM751 is triggered I guess by I don't know the remote or the motion sensor. If I take the motion sensor out of the mix I can switch to either camera and it will stay. My cameras are A1 and A2. the motion sensor is A1. TM751 is A. I appreciate all the input on this. I have no filters or couplers in the mix.

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 09:15:11 PM »

Your second camera will need an A2 ON signal for it to come on. The motion sensor will send an A1 OFF after a few minutes; that will turn the A1 camera off, but it won't turn the A2 camera on.

Have you tried a different house code? A1 is a default address for a lot of X10 equipment, so it would be best to avoid that address.

The dusk/dawn +1 address can and will be an issue, but your problem is too consistent for that to be he cause here.

gmanm1

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 09:23:15 PM »

I had tried B1 and B2 but same results. It is something with the motion sensor. Without it I can switch to a camera and it will stay. That being the case would I be better off with MS16A? Camera on A1 and A3? I don't know.

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 09:51:15 PM »

I had tried B1 and B2 but same results. It is something with the motion sensor. Without it I can switch to a camera and it will stay. That being the case would I be better off with MS16A? Camera on A1 and A3? I don't know.

Like Puck said before AVOID using A1.. This is the default for all X10 equipment.

How many MS14A's are you using? 1 or 2 ?

Set one Camera to C1 and the other Camera to C2
                   then set
1 Motion Sensor (MS14A) to M1 the the second to M3.
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.