Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: camera switchin on it's own  (Read 28475 times)

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: camera switchin on it's own
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 10:27:55 PM »

Without any software you will need to have your 4 cameras within the same group; like 1, 2, 3 & 4.

If they are not, then you will end up with 2 or more cameras on and transmitting at once.

If you already have 4 MS14As, then disable the dusk/dawn feature as dave w posted here: Re: Large System Setup- What Have I learned and what MUST I do?

Doing this will at least eliminate that from causing your current problem.

gmanm1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 10:57:41 PM »

Ok so you are saying C1 and C2 and I could be Ok. I was setting the motion sensors to the same as the camera house and unit code. I will try the M1 and M2 first thing tomorrow.

Thanks for the support , will let you know results.

gmanm1
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 11:07:54 PM by gmanm1 »

gmanm1

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2009, 06:25:30 AM »

I have installed vanguard software. Cameras on C1 and C2 , motion sensors M1 and M2. Do I have to have the transceiver in the mix and I if so set to the M code?

Thanks,
gmanm1

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2009, 08:45:58 AM »

if you have 4 cameras, 1 tm751, and motion sensors for each camera:

if you only have one tm751, you have to have all of your items on the same house code.  The tm751 is what will send and receive all of your on/off codes for all your cameras and motion sensors.

you will probably have to do the simple mod of covering the dusk/dawn sensor on the motion sensor to get this to work. Use the link that Puck gave you above.

evidently you have the motion sensor located in a place where it gets sun sometimes and then shade.  Which means what is happening:  when you have motion from motion sensor (c1) it transmits c1 to the powerline through you tm751, your tm751 puts c1 on the powerline, which turns cam1 (also c1) on.

what is happening is that the motion sensor gets a little shaded and sends the (c2 on the dusk/dawn code, which is also cam2).   When the tm751 sends c2 on, cam1 (c1) goes off and (c2) goes on.  Unless you disable the dusk/dawn sensor by putting black tape over it this setup will always cause you problems.

Do the simple mod and I'll bet your problems go away! ;)
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

gmanm1

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 09:48:31 AM »

I only have one transceiver and I set it up like you said and I did the motion sensor mod it still does the same thing. Could it be in the transceiver? This is getting ridiculous.

hawk1

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2009, 10:25:45 AM »

I think we need an equipment check.  exactly what did you receive with your 4 camera kit?  Please give us a complete list of what you received and what you are using.  What do you expect the equipment to do? (in other words, how do you want it to work)  If you tell us that, then we can tell you if it is possible.

Also, is this the only X10 equipment you have?

what interface do you have connected to your computer?  You said you loaded Vanguard.  To use this software you need some type of interface. (cm15a, cm17, cm19, etc...)  If you don't have a computer interface, everytime your motion sensor sends the off code the camera will turn off.  It doesn't matter if the delay is 1 min or 5.

You did cover the dusk/dawn sensor on ALL motion sensors?  If not then take the screws out and find the dusk sensor and place black tape over it. If your not using all motion sensors then take the batteries out of them.  Setup one motion sensor at a time.

gmanm1

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 10:41:39 AM »

I have the four camera kit. Two color xcams and two black and white xcams , one ninja pan and tilt ,one transceiver TM751 , vcr commander II , four motion sensors , usb video plugin , vanguard software , wireless video only receiver , and ninja remote CR14A. I want to use only two cameras and I want them to be motion activated (recording). I had everything working good untill I tried adding motion sensors. I had it hooked up to my TV and DVR.  I tried that configuration with everything set to A house code and the AI for one camera and A2 for the other. Had motion sensor on A1. I have since tried on B & C and no matter what I do if I switch to camera A1 With the remote and no motion sensor it will stay on that camera until I manually switch to A2 and vise versa.  When I added the motion sensor it would trip the A1 camera like it should and start recording. After a few minutes it switches to camera A2. I have tried this with other house and unit codes does not matter same result. I want a motion sesor for both cameras eventually , but I cannot get past this problem.

gmanm1

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2009, 10:45:35 AM »

As of right now I have both c1 and C3 set on the cameras and the same camera C3 is on both screens. The motion sensor trips C1 and the right camera shows for a few minutes then the transciever clicks and it goes back to camera C3 showing on both C1 and C3. Motion sensor modified.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 10:47:27 AM by gmanm1 »

hawk1

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2009, 10:58:15 AM »

gmanm1

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2009, 11:01:57 AM »

Yes that is the one.

hawk1

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2009, 11:19:51 AM »

okay, do you have the cm19 plugged into your computer?

what I would do is setup the cameras in the vanguard software and get that working.  If you don't your motion sensors are going to keep turning off your cameras.

here is a couple of links that will help you.  Remember to have your motion sensors to a Different unit code than the cameras. example:  cam1 c1, cam2 c2, motion for cam1 is c5, motion for cam2 is c7.

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Motion_Recording_In_Vanguard_ICC

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/XCam2_and_Vanguard_ICC_Setup

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Vanguard_Internet_Control_Center

gmanm1

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2009, 11:32:15 AM »

You already have been very helpful. I thought the motion sensor and camera had to be the same unit code. I did not have the CM19A hooked up either. I'll try this and see what hapens.

gmanm1

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2009, 12:19:53 PM »

I have it working except it is crashing. rudll in vista.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2009, 12:52:19 PM »

Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2009, 01:02:24 PM »

Follow the link Knightrider gave you and then here is the link for the Registery Cleaner (which is also in the post Knightrider gave you).............

http://www.amltools.com/free-registry-cleaner-tutorial.html
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.