Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Ubuntu Linux  (Read 95651 times)

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Ubuntu Linux
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2010, 10:04:10 PM »

You don't need to start Heyu with your computer, anytime you send a command it'll first check if Heyu is running and if not, it'll start it by itself. So basically even if it's not running and you send a command, it'll start it, then process your command.

What you say is true, but only for the Relay daemon (which is probably all that the OP needs).  The other daemons (if configured) need to either be individually started or started all together with the "heyu start" command.
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

nogero

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2010, 07:26:50 PM »

I am running Ubuntu Linux 10.04. I installed Heyu and it works great. I have an old CM11a. Since I don't have a serial port on my PC, I bought a USB-to-Serial adapter and it is working great.

I use Homeseer for x10 control/security on a Windows XP box which I want to stop using. Its the only reason I'm running XP. Ubuntu 10.04, the latest version is better than Windows in every way except I can't watch Netflix.

I plan to write a mobile web app to send/receive X10 commands and run that on my linux web server so I can send commands from any mobile phone that has web access.

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2010, 07:36:47 PM »

I plan to write a mobile web app to send/receive X10 commands and run that on my linux web server so I can send commands from any mobile phone that has web access.

Have you tried domus.link? it does browser detect for the iphone, and will soon implement an android and nokia theme.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2010, 10:43:10 PM »

I am running Ubuntu Linux 10.04. I installed Heyu and it works great. I have an old CM11a. Since I don't have a serial port on my PC, I bought a USB-to-Serial adapter and it is working great.

I use Homeseer for x10 control/security on a Windows XP box which I want to stop using. Its the only reason I'm running XP. Ubuntu 10.04, the latest version is better than Windows in every way except I can't watch Netflix.

If you have a wireless router, consider getting a Roku box (http://www.roku.com) and you can watch Netflix streaming video directly on your TV set. 
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

nogero

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2010, 03:09:43 PM »

Have you tried domus.link? it does browser detect for the iphone, and will soon implement an android and nokia theme.

No I haven't tried domus.link, but I downloaded it and have yet to install. It does look close to what I had in mind. Essentially I want a nice readable control page like domus seems to offer, then I was thinking I would have a button with more "pages" to display device status for example. I'll give domus.link a try.

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2010, 04:53:20 PM »

well I'm one of the domus.link developers (when I have time) so go ahead and put in an issue request and I'll see what I can do.

:)%

http://code.google.com/p/domuslink/issues/list
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.