Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help please  (Read 2313 times)

garagedude

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Help please
« on: April 14, 2009, 09:00:17 PM »

I'm at a loss. I've got all my camera's (4 wireless)on House code D, got a 751 transceiver on D, and one on A for the house modules. I have three wall switch modules, one on A1,one on A2, and one on A3. Also a floodlight/motion sensor all working. But none of my macro's work automatically. I've tryed everything but they don't work. I can click on run macro and they will run but once I've turned them on they never activate any lights. I can turn the lights off and on with the remote, and sometimes A1 won't respond to the remote altho the 751 on house code A clicks, the light doesn't respond. Also my cams won't stay on but only 15 minutes. The still function works for about that long. Are these normal problems?  If so I'm hanging it up and running the cams straight to a recorder without the pc. If I could get the macros working I would be a step closer. I don't figure the software will ever stay running from what I've read. My macros are simple...at a start time they turn on a light (A1) then 30 minute wait, and turn same light off. Any help would be great.

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 06:58:19 AM »

Since your doing macros I assume you have AHP and the cm15a.  Does your system not work without the tm751's?  Why do you have the tm751's plugged in?  The tm751's are not polite when used with other transceivers.  Try unplugging the tm751's and just use the cm15a.  If that doesn't work try putting a rf command in your macros to turn your devices on and Plug in the tm751's.

There is alot of issues with the range of the cm15a.  There is also alot of antenna mods that you can do. Just do a search for "cm15a antenna mod".

Cameras:  Only stay on for 15 minutes? or only take snapshots for 15 minutes?  A camera shouldn't go off unless it receives a command to turn it off.

Hopefully I gave you a couple of ideas to try.  Have to run now.  Have fun.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

garagedude

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 07:21:58 AM »

Since your doing macros I assume you have AHP and the cm15a.  Does your system not work without the tm751's?  Why do you have the tm751's plugged in?  The tm751's are not polite when used with other transceivers.  Try unplugging the tm751's and just use the cm15a.  If that doesn't work try putting a rf command in your macros to turn your devices on and Plug in the tm751's.
How do you do a "RF" command??

There is alot of issues with the range of the cm15a.  There is also alot of antenna mods that you can do. Just do a search for "cm15a antenna mod". My cams range from 40ft to 110 ft. from the 751 and the "CM15A" I'll try the "remove 751's" and see what it does..

Cameras:  Only stay on for 15 minutes? or only take snapshots for 15 minutes?  A camera shouldn't go off unless it receives a command to turn it off.
Its not the cams that quit(my bad), its the software that either quits taking stills, or the program just freezes..

Hopefully I gave you a couple of ideas to try.  Have to run now.  Have fun.

garagedude

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 10:45:14 PM »

I unplugged the two 751's and left the CM15A plugged in. I tryed a macro set to turn two lights off in 5 minutes and it worked. The cams seem to be working for now. Where's the best place to mount the CM15A since it contols both outside cams and inside lights? I'm limited to the usb cable...

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.