🔌General Home Automation > User Modified Devices

Shot my motion sensor with a blow gun dart (antenna mod)

(1/3) > >>

hawk1:
This is what I did.  I opened the ms14 up. Laid a 4 inch blow dart next to the casing on top on PCB board and made sure the tip was under the white end of the coil antenna.

Then I took the lid of the motion sensor and measured 1/4 inch from the back and made a mark on the top of it.

I then measured 1 and 3/16 inch from the center on the top of the lid towards the left (basically where the new antenna would go if you put the lid back on).

I then took my handy dremel and routered out a slot so the antenna would let the lid fit back on.

Make sure the dart antenna is in the same position after you put the lid back on! (you could hot glue it in place)

Then hot glue the top to seal.  Have a couple of pictures but they didn't come out very well.  But I think you can tell what there telling you to do.

With this little mod i went down the my driveway, down the street, and down to the creek! 

But be advised I do have the V572 receiver and am not using the cm15 for receiving!  I did try it with the cm15 though and received pretty good results even with it.

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: hawk1 on April 09, 2009, 06:03:15 PM ---....Laid a 4 inch blow dart next to the casing

--- End quote ---

I don't understand the "blow dart" reference... but I really like antenna mods. You get a helpful from me.

JMac:
Fascinating !  This is one I will have to try.............very helpful.

hawk1:
Thanks! JMac.  Thanks Dave_x10_l! The reference to the blow gun is I used a blow dart from a blow dart gun as the antenna!  You could probably use a simple piece of wire but the blow dart is pretty stiff and had the cute little yellow cap on it!  Hence if you look at it, it looks like I shot my motion sensor through the top with the blow gun!

The blow gun darts are pretty cheap, you can pick them up at most flea markets.

WildBill47:

--- Quote from: hawk1 on April 09, 2009, 06:03:15 PM ---This is what I did.  I opened the ms14 up. Laid a 4 inch blow dart next to the casing on top on PCB board and made sure the tip was under the white end of the coil antenna.

With this little mod i went down the my driveway, down the street, and down to the creek! 

But be advised I do have the V572 receiver and am not using the cm15 for receiving!  I did try it with the cm15 though and received pretty good results even with it.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I just did a similar mod to and MS10A that is far  away from my DS7000 and does not always reset, odd that it always trips but sometimes does not reset, leaving me with that ole, zone on, ding-ding-ding-ding.... when I try to Alarm Away. I have only tested it a dozen or so times so far to see how if it helped and so far 100%.

That would be a "Helpful" from me as soon as I figure out how to give one, so for now it is marked Thumbs Up!

Again, Thanks   #:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version