Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bleached out flashing image  (Read 11828 times)

Odie

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Bleached out flashing image
« on: April 10, 2009, 03:13:56 PM »

I recently connected an XC18A camera to AHP.  Created a module and went "Live".  What I get is a nearly all white screen that flashes every second with faint glimpses of the image.  And what I can make out is extremely grainy.  I replaced the USB digital video converter (VA12A) but no change.  I loaded a version of xray and tried that and even though the image was really poor at least it didn't flash or remain bleached out.  I have moved the camera evrywhere from 3 feet from the receiver to the second floor and nothing chnages at all.  I am not on a wireless network and am not near a cordless phone.  No matter what time I try this the image does not change.  I have played around with saturation, frequency, brightness, but nothing matters.  Is there a setting I am missing?  Is it the video decoder?  Is it the camera?  What is going on?
thanks

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: Bleached out flashing image
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 03:19:47 PM »

Is the video receiver and the camera on the same frequency channel? (a, b, c, or d) selector switch is on the bottom of the receiver and on the camera it is under the rubber plug in front.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 04:04:02 PM »

I recently connected an XC18A camera to AHP.  Created a module and went "Live".  What I get is a nearly all white screen that flashes every second with faint glimpses of the image.  And what I can make out is extremely grainy.  I replaced the USB digital video converter (VA12A) but no change.  I loaded a version of xray and tried that and even though the image was really poor at least it didn't flash or remain bleached out.  I have moved the camera evrywhere from 3 feet from the receiver to the second floor and nothing chnages at all.  I am not on a wireless network and am not near a cordless phone.  No matter what time I try this the image does not change.  I have played around with saturation, frequency, brightness, but nothing matters.  Is there a setting I am missing?  Is it the video decoder?  Is it the camera?  What is going on?
thanks

Which version of AHP are you using?
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........

Odie

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 12:51:19 PM »

Yes I have checked that the camera and receiver are on the same frequency, and tried a couple different ones.  As for the version,  I launch 3.206 but have tried to update to 3.228 but when I open it it doesn't launch all programs. So I resort back to 3.206 because it works.  I figure other people are using cameras on 3.206 so it isn't that.   I have a backup program that is 3.228, perhaps the two are conflicting. 

hawk1

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 01:37:44 PM »

have you tried a different codec? if you don't have microsoft codec 1 try that one.

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 07:48:01 PM »

Odie.  I had this problem, but was able to solve it.  Take a look at this thread.

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=12405.msg80858#msg80858

Odie

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 10:02:04 AM »

I have a VR36A receiver, I will see if I can locate one of the newer versions and try that.  Sounds like X10 is not willing to swap out the old with the new even though it appears to be their problem. I did try different channels with no change and I hooked the camera straight to a TV so I know it works.  SOunds like the new receiver is the way to go, thanks so much for the help.  I will let you know it turns out in a couple weeks.

tallelf78

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 10:26:53 AM »

i'm pretty sure this is a software or CM15A problem...

i have been using a 6 camera/motion sensor system thru Vanguard with the USB Firecracker and everything has been acceptable for a few months. I just "upgraded" to AHP w/ the CM15a and a few dimmer lamp modules. everything was fine for a day or two but now the camera signal is washed/bleached out. i have since removed all dimmer modules so only the 6 cameras and 4 motion sensors are active but after un/re-plugging the Video receiver and the CM15A, the images is still washed out!

the link above unfortunately tied the problem to an outdated video receiver to newer cameras which unfortunately is not my case...any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Odie

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 08:43:40 PM »

I have replaced the VR36A with a VR42A and there is no difference.  I connected everything directly to the TV and even though the picture is terrible (faces not recognizable beyond 10 feet,  that might just be the quality of the camera),  it didn't flash like a strobe light. So, it has somethng to do with how AHP is receiving the signal. Maybe it is the camera, I might buy another just to try it out, and hopefully get a clearer picture.  But I have a feeling it is something with the s/w.  If anyone has any more ideas please let me know.  I can update the s/w but then I have other issues like not all programs load which is another problem I am not willing to take on until I get this one resolved.  From what I have been hearing people have their cameras working fine in the 3206 version.  I might have to resort to using an old s/w like xray if I can't AHP to work, which would be unfortunate.  Hopefully someone has some other ideas. Thanks.

hawk1

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 11:47:28 PM »

Have you tried a different software for the camera besides AHP?  Do a google search for blue iris, they have a fifteen day trial.  Try that then you'll know if its ahp or not.

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 07:12:59 AM »

$0.02

I had the same thing and I apologize for not remembering (getting too old  :'() I think it was because I was using the VA12A on a USB 1.0 port.   The VA12A MUST have USB 2.0.

The working combination (for me) is XP, VA12A, 3.236, USB2.0+ (on the PC that handles the video)  My house automation stuff is on Win7, 3.228 - no video)

PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 11:47:47 AM »

...... My house automation stuff is on Win7, 3.228

Your using 7? And how is that working out for you.... I haven't read nearly enough about 7 and AHP (or any X10 software for that matter). Do you have a list of problems/solutions?

Maybe a new thread for review of 7 might be in order.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 11:49:54 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 10:07:58 PM »

Anyone who has Windows 7 is beta testing it, Microsoft has NOT released it to the computing world.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 05:34:08 AM »

Well Dan - you're not quite correct.  While I'm a technical beta tester for Microsoft and have been using Win7 beta for months, Microsoft DID release it to the public on May 5th, you can get it herehttp://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/dd353205.aspx?ITPID=mscomsl.
It's a Release Candidate and probably won't see much change before RTM (Release to Manufacturing)  It's official that it will be on the retail shelves before Christmas. - And it IS better, faster, friendlier, etc. than Vista. - If you should try it, do 2 things first - Do an off-system backup, and use the "Files & Settings Transfer Wizard" -

It will upgrade over Vista and XP - I put it on my wife's Acer ONE - much easier adjusting cameras with a handheld remote screen!

The same issues exist that were there for Vista - The VA12A requires 3.236, and the KR10A's have a problem with OnAlert in 3.236.  I was running 3.228 just fine while on Win7 beta, but after I reformatted to install the RC1, I screwed up the AHP install somehow and am getting the KR10a problem.  As some know, doing a complete uninstall is really tricky - but I'll work on it this weekend.

In the troubleshooting process, I've also screwed something up with my CM15A - Every time I open "Hardware Configuration" AHP crashes.

While I was on the beta build, AHP was rock solid. Remote desktop, LogMeIn, even Live Mesh all worked.

PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2009, 07:02:13 AM »

The same issues exist that were there for Vista - The VA12A requires 3.236, and the KR10A's have a problem with OnAlert in 3.236.  I was running 3.228 just fine while on Win7 beta, but after I reformatted to install the RC1, I screwed up the AHP install somehow and am getting the KR10a problem.  As some know, doing a complete uninstall is really tricky - but I'll work on it this weekend.

Interesting, same issue when going back to 3.228 from 3.236 at the business setup, just can't find my note relating to how I fixed the same issue of crashing when accessing the CM15A's "Hardware Configuration". But it seems no matter what I try to do, just can't get OnAlert to function properly, even range issue with KR10a or triggering macros. Did not do a total reinstall of the computer and windows but did many reinstalls of AHP thou. IMO the WGL transceiver maybe creating an issue with CM15a for me.

The Video issues I am having is with the adapters, VA1*As. They do seem to demand a lot of resources including and not limited too, voltage, USB issues from the CM15a and also a lot of attention from AHP. Having them maintaining HA (or in my case BA, Business Automation) is a task in itself and then you add Video it then takes it to its limit.

First I tried to go from Wireless to wired transforming an X10 cams, but gave in and will just buy wired cams form now on. Then the issue of how to connect it to AHP using more than one cam, I could use the idea of a USB multiplexer, but skipped that thought for now. So I got my hand an DVR card from FG engineering, nice one but the software was not what I needed and its functionality is good but it needed a little more.
So then I noticed Blue Iris being mentioned by a few members here in our wonderful Forum, especially hawk1. A very good piece of software and I have been playing with it for a week now. It gave me a chance to try and let AHP concentrate on functioning the BA part and let Blue Iris do all the functions relating to Video, expect controlling the ninjas.
It does have a great Motion sensors section and it is capable of creating macros that in tail can communicate with AHP so I read I think, still experimenting with it. Many more functions that are fitted to my needs at the business are packed in this software and look forward to utilizing them to my needs in harmony with AHP I hope.

I do raise the issue about 3.326,
Does X10 admit to having issues with this version, many here talk about timer's not working properly, form me in this version that was not an issue, OnAlert is thou.

BaBaLou.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 07:05:11 AM by BaBaLou. »
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.