Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Adding Different Cams  (Read 9859 times)

odee

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Adding Different Cams
« on: April 11, 2009, 02:14:42 PM »

We have a 4 camera system with sensors my cams are XC22A and the cams I am thinking of buying are XX20A.  Are these cams compatible with my system??

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: Adding Different Cams
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 02:29:50 PM »

as far as i know all the wireless x10 cameras are compatible with each other.  even if there not you could always put the other cams on appliance modules and set them up that way. ;)
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

astrothug

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 02:42:17 PM »

that's what i did, I have two IR night camera's that are on appliance modules. and I also active eye motion sensors on each and the x10 software has no problem with it....

I'm actually using the receiver that came with the two IR Night cameras, instead of the x10 receiver as the antenna is much better.

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 04:15:14 PM »

I'm also using a different receiver for my cams.  I have a homeland security camera that came with a receiver/dvr/vcr commander.  The antenna is a omni directional instead of the ear antenna.  Works way better than the vr36!  ;)
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 07:02:05 PM »

I use a mix of cameras myself, I always have.

The X10 cameras intergrate seamlessly with my Home Automation... and they really are easy to hide. I really do like the X10 cameras.. and I use both wired and wireless. They do require lighting.. which is a good thing. Exterior lighting is a great deterrent as are visible security cameras.

To make sure any potential intruders can spot that I have cameras... I like having a big chunky IR camera in an easy-to-spot position. Currently... I have my IR camera mounted on a Ninja. The Ninja seems to be able to handle the load... but I keep the presets more-or-less level (not TOO much looking up or down). This works great for me as the Ninja/IR allows me to look around the yard even if there hasn't been any motion to trigger lighting. And the IR camera sitting up on the Ninja is REALLY easy to see. But.. replacing the known effectiveness of good lighting with a little IR camera... sounds risky to me.

I also use a Mobile Observation Platform (I call R.E.D.) with a cheap little wireless color camera. But I recently modified a Ninja for long range, and a wireless X10 camera with an omnidirectional antenna... and hope to have those on R.E.D. soon. Of course the Robotic Exploration Device is both a hobby.. and a work in progress.

I had hoped R.E.D. would help scare off the deer from my yard... but so far R.E.D. has yet to earn his keep.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 01:33:47 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 07:03:04 PM »

As you may know. X10 wireless cameras work in groups of four. Same House Code and Units 1-4;5-8;9-12 and 13-16. Turn one on and the other three go off by their addressable power units. Adding more than four wireless cameras may need added steps to make sure only one is on at a time. One of the X10 camera remotes can do more than four and I believe AHP and one of its plug-ins may also control more than a single group of four.

odee

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 10:26:31 AM »

good deal,and thanks much

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.