Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why cant I see my catured images and video when my PC is in standby mode  (Read 4672 times)

davyboy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

My desktop computer is regulary put into standyby mode so that the computer is not on all the time. The problem seems to be that when I am away from home I cant see any captured images or video when i log into another PC. Is there no way of seeing these images when the computer is in standyby mode. I thought that everything was captured and relayed to a server and then you log in with your username and password.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171

Please provide more information about what software you are using. It may help with a reply to your question.

davyboy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I am using the vanguard software that I bought with the 4 camera package. Do I have to have the computer switched online 24/7 as I like to put my computer on standby to save on power. There must be a way to relay video footage through my router without having to have the computer on all the time and live on the internet.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House

I don't think any of the images are stored on a server anywhere, they're saved locally on your machine.  The server is just a gateway that lets you connect to the local machine, which, BTW doesn't work very well 90% of the time.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.