Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: help  (Read 15423 times)

speedy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
help
« on: April 13, 2009, 11:56:56 AM »

Lost my remote to my x10, tryin to set up in home, haven't used in a while how do I reset the system without the remote? Do i need to purchase another remote? thanks

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 12:04:06 PM »

Lost my remote to my x10, tryin to set up in home, haven't used in a while how do I reset the system without the remote? Do i need to purchase another remote? thanks

I am not able to tell what you have (besides NO remote) from your post. But... IMHO.. X10 call be near impossible to work with without a remote of some sort. Look for a 5 for 1 deal.... you'll never lose them all.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

scratchy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 11:43:03 PM »

Yeah, as a matter of fact , I just bought over $1000  worth of X10 camaras,  and just found out I can't work the PTZ without it ,  I'm less than 20' away and can't  even work it with the remote.   I think the neighbor next door has wireless network for their laptop which is interferring with my remote.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 06:16:46 AM »

Scratchy;You can't pan and tilt or can't turn the cameras on and off?

Pan and Tilt is a direct RF signal to the pan and tilt base unit. On and off is by power line controls. From the remote to the X10 Tranceiver. That then sends the power line signals to the cameras power supply.

A wireless network maybe on the 2.4 GHz frequency X10 uses to send wireless video and audio. That could cause  video and audio interference, but the X10 Remotes use 310 MHz. So a wireless network should not cause the pan and tilt or cameras on and off to not work.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 07:15:29 AM by Brian H »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 07:17:08 AM »

speedy; Yes you need a replacement remote.
The standard Scan Pad four camera one is the CR12A
The Scan Power Director Multi-Camera that can do up to sixteen cameras is the CR13A
The Ninja Pan and Tilt is the CR14A
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 07:23:46 AM by Brian H »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 10:42:31 AM »

Yeah, as a matter of fact..........  I'm less than 20' away and can't  even work it with the remote. 

Line of sight distance often has very little to do with control of X10 devices. I noticed that this is your 1st post... WELCOME to the forum scratchy!

Please post what equipment you have... and what is failing to work as you expect it to. We'll be happy to help you get up and running.

I think the neighbor next door has wireless network for their laptop which is interferring with my remote.

The remote controls operate on a different frequency than does wireless broadband (computer Wi-Fi).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.