Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Active X Error: Failed To Import Control ... Registration  (Read 8339 times)

Savage223

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Active X Error: Failed To Import Control ... Registration
« on: April 13, 2009, 07:32:46 PM »

I installed the SDK twice now and the following tools showed up both times in my toolbox:
ActiveHome Class
x10Control Class
X10Interface Class
XButton Class

When I try to use these controls, I get the following error:
Code: [Select]
"Failed to import the Active X Control.  Please ensure it is properly registered."
I am using VB 2008 Express, and am VERY new to integrating existing controls, files, and resources: I always did everything myself.

Can you help?

Thanks

EL34

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • My X-10 projects
Re: Active X Error: Failed To Import Control ... Registration
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 07:10:01 AM »

Not sure what you are doing, but I don't get any new tools in VB2008 Express from the SDK install.
You don't need any new tools in the toolbox to create X10 programs except the tools that are already present in Vb 2008, like buttons, text boxes, etc.

Here's a simple VB 2008 express project that shows you exactly how you operate X10 devices and monitor X10 traffic.

Download the zipped project below and unzip it in your Vb 2008 E projects folder.
Open the testx10.sln file in Vb 2008 express
http://www.el34world.com/Misc/VB/Files/testx10.zip

look at the code in my project for form1.vb
you only need the Imports ActiveHomeScriptLib before your form loads and a couple other things shown in my example project.

Code: [Select]
Imports ActiveHomeScriptLib

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        ActiveHomeObj = New ActiveHome

End Sub

End Class
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 07:20:16 AM by EL34 »
W10 - CM15A - AHP 3.301 - i Witness - MyHouse online - Smart Macros - SDK using Visual Basic express 2008
My X10 page-> http://www.el34world.com/Misc/home/X10_0.htm

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.